• The KillerFrogs

TCU better not be a team just "happy to be here"

Frog-in-law1995

Is absolutely critical that we play with a lead in this game. We can't be trying to come back from 14 down late in the 3rd like we've seen a few times this season. Michigan wants to lean on their running game but if we can make them play from behind and force the QB to consistently make throws from the pocket for 4 quarters then it's advantage TCU.

Someone else mentioned Texas and I do think there are a number of similarities between Michigan and Texas. The big difference is that Michigan won't abandon their run game as quickly as Sark is willing to. But if TCU can build a lead then you force their hand.
So we should score lots of points in the first half? That’s just crazy enough to work.

Jax

I think their physicality is their strength. It could wear us done on defense. However, our offense can score points especially after getting some needed rest between then and now. I expect that Michigan will play ball control and therefore we need to score often to force them out of their game. We will be ready. Never count Max out. We just do not want to fall behind and let them the line of scrimmage.
That is exactly what needs to happen. If you guys can get up by 2-3 scores in your first few drives, it will force Michigan to have to score in hurry, hence eliminate their run game somewhat.

Planks

Michigan is serious. They have a bad taste still from last year's shellacking by Georgia in the Orange Bowl. They want to meet them for the title.

TCU can definitely play with them. But Michigan has the advantage in that they have been there, been on this stage. We need to match their fire, and physicality. Beat them to the opening punch. Let them know we are serious too.

Get some rest, heal and get down to business Frogs. Shake off Saturday. It's a new two-game season.

I doubt we will just be happy to be there, but I do worry about the advantage Michigan has by being there already. Reminds me a little too much of the TCU Fiesta Bowl-Rose Bowl situation, a huge post season disappointment followed by a year of preparing how to not make the same mistake again. Michigan has made a lot of changes over the last year for the sole purpose of being better prepared for a playoff game.

TCU is in the complete opposite situation, we haven’t been to a bowl game since 2018. While I hate that we had to play in an unnecessary Big 12 title game, I do wonder a little if it helped getting the experience of a high stakes, championship type game in a big NFL neutral site stadium. That game was probably the closest to a bowl game type experience this team has had in many years.

FROG2597

We were favored against Wisconsin, so obviously that wasn't "all we heard".

People think this Michigan team is better than that Wisconsin team, and that this TCU team isn't quite as good as that one. Who cares, the game will be played.
My wife and I were on the shuttle bus from the airport to the car rental in LA for the Rose Bowl. We were the only 2 in purple and the rest were Wisc fans. The arrogance was truly unbelievable. Literally apologizing to us for wasting our money to watch the blood bath they expected. I don't recall hearing anything other than that leading up to the game as well. I could be mistaken, but my recollection was Wisc was just too big and had previously run through the B10 and we wouldn't be able to stop them.

WIN

My wife and I were on the shuttle bus from the airport to the car rental in LA for the Rose Bowl. We were the only 2 in purple and the rest were Wisc fans. The arrogance was truly unbelievable. Literally apologizing to us for wasting our money to watch the blood bath they expected. I don't recall hearing anything other than that leading up to the game as well. I could be mistaken, but my recollection was Wisc was just to big and had previously run through the B10 and we wouldn't be able to stop them.
Believe they were the highest scoring team in the nation when we played them.

LVH

My wife and I were on the shuttle bus from the airport to the car rental in LA for the Rose Bowl. We were the only 2 in purple and the rest were Wisc fans. The arrogance was truly unbelievable. Literally apologizing to us for wasting our money to watch the blood bath they expected. I don't recall hearing anything other than that leading up to the game as well. I could be mistaken, but my recollection was Wisc was just to big and had previously run through the B10 and we wouldn't be able to stop them.
The narrative was that we were too undersized on the defensive line to stop their 3 running backs. That was about it. No one talked about our offense vs. their defense, the entire narrative was our defensive line vs. their offensive line.

puckster59

I would love to see up tempo. Run their butts down. Don’t give their defense time to set up. Force a TO or better, a mistake.
I like this approach. But I’d like it more if they did it with the personnel on the field. That’s the only way to prevent the defense from making substitutions AND leaving yourself a short play clock.

Cougar/Frog

I remember walking around before the game and the Wisconsin fans being extremely arrogant. They definitely didn't think TCU belonged.

What annoyed me the most was the disrespect after the game for the trophy ceremony because they wanted to do their post game ritual dance even after a loss.

JugbandFrog

you learn more from loss like ksu for sure, I’d put Michigan in the UT category. Probably a low scoring game, TCU might squeeze this one out.
You hope they learn more.

Gillespie can’t leave corners as the sole edge protector when teams go into two TE or more sets, which Michigan will do.

JugbandFrog

If our D had LHCGPs mentality, I’d be ecstatic. They just don’t this year, or are not allowrd to.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Seriously, at this point in the season what evidence do we have that this particular team or staff need to be reminded to take a good team seriously? I’ve never had the impression that this bunch has been lackadaisical in their preparation.

Dogfrog

I remember walking around before the game and the Wisconsin fans being extremely arrogant. They definitely didn't think TCU belonged.

What annoyed me the most was the disrespect after the game for the trophy ceremony because they wanted to do their post game ritual dance even after a loss.
We took the train from downtown LA to Pasadena. The cars held maybe 30-40 people. All in red. When they saw us in purple a guy called out “F…”! And the rest of them responded “TCU”! And so the chant went on for about five minutes.

HToady

We decided to get a day pass for the city bus line and wandered around the city checking out the sites. Even the locals would comment on how we didn’t stand a chance when they saw our colors.
The best thing was seeing all the Wisconsin people in Green Bay shirts the day after the game. It’s good to have that as a fallback if you are them...

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse

The fact that the Wisconsin band remained on the field playing for 15-20 minutes after the game is my overarching reason for Badger sports hate. Probably the single worst example of sportsmanship on an institutional level I’ve ever witnessed.

cctcu

We were in line waiting to get on a bus to get to the stadium and of course 80% in line were Wiscy fans and were full of themselves. So I looked one young punk in the eye and said, "Don't badger us!" And his friends went nuts, laughing like crazy. Don't think they tried to 'badger' anyone after the game.