1. The KillerFrogs

TCU at KSU Game #3

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by QuilterFrawg, May 22, 2021.

1. I’m not just referring to yesterday. Yesterday was a symptom.

Salfrog and Paint It Purple like this.
  2. Maybe we need to visit Ohio St. for the happy ending.

3. #443 Paint It Purple, May 23, 2021
    Last edited: May 23, 2021
    I think it was back in '68...when Texas won the conference championship over TCU by mere percentage points because Texas didn't play their last two games. TCU was 13-5 and UT 12-4 going into the weekend. Legend has it that Gustafson cancelled Fridays game with A&M by instructing the ground crew to over water the field the night before the Friday game with rain forecasted. A&M coach Tom Chandler called Windegger and told him the game could have been played but Gus called it off to play a Saturday double header. Saturday never happened because it poured rain all day. Season over, Texas wins. [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ]!

And, remember...back then only Texas goes to the playoffs. We sat home. And, some people wonder why I hate UT so much.

WIN and Realtorfrog like this.
  4. I agree. I was just went off on a tangent about the 9th inning.

5. teens? more like 20 somethings on this team and a few are old enough to have graduated college and moved on to the next phase of life

6. Some additional perspective

ftwfrog likes this.
  7. Notice the GBShaw quote in his twitter. Lucky he's a Horned Frog.

Pharm Frog likes this.
  8. True. Many of these guys are old enough or almost old enough to be freshmen at BYU.

9. Man I truly feel sorry for you if you can’t enjoy a season where the team shares a championship. I can understand recent disappointment but no fun at all?

CountryFrog and Paint It Purple like this.
  10. Name checks out

11. Season was a ton of fun up until Sunday of Texas actually

bmoney214 and CountryFrog like this.