• The KillerFrogs

TCU Air Force Game 2

cdsfrog

Elander

Fantastic hit! Von Tunglen was pinch running and according to announcer he didn't touch 3rd, but AF didn't notice so game ended with a W for the Frogs... wow! Happy to see things go the Frogs way for a change this season

not so sure I believe that announcer on him touching the bag. he may of barely grazed it. Pretty sure airforce or one of the umps would have caught it

First Tee Frog

when weik attempted the bunt and didn't get the first one down I let shotzberger have it down at first. kindly asked if we ever practiced our bunting because we are absolutely terrible and how I felt a change of strategy was needed at that point. I was apparently fairly persuasive as the bunt was taken off. you're welcome.
biggrin.gif

PurplePutt

when weik attempted the bunt and didn't get the first one down I let shotzberger have it down at first. kindly asked if we ever practiced our bunting because we are absolutely terrible and how I felt a change of strategy was needed at that point. I was apparently fairly persuasive as the bunt was taken off. you're welcome.
biggrin.gif

That's it! Your in the dugout tomorrow.

As far as the bag thing--Chuck shouted it out so quickly and loud I was afraid someone from AF would hear it and challenge. C'mon Chuck, that that is something you can bring up in the post game. :biggrin:

HG73

I attended both AF games. Schultz's catch was beautiful. Rope to the gap in left center oh no, hard wind blowing the ball away from him, no way he gets there, at the last second he lays out and snags the ball inches from the turf. Then he doesn't get up, crowd going wild but worried, trainer comes out, he finally stays in the game. On the game ending double, ball may be caught so runner at first has to wait, ball hits the wall and drops straight down on the warning track, tying run scores from third, left fielder can't pick up the ball. He looks up to see the runner as he is trying to pick up the ball, misses it, looks down at the ball looks back up while trying to pick it up, misses again, this must have gone on for three or four attempts as runner steams around the bases. I didn't realize he missed third, good thing nobody else did either. Great win, seems like a million runners left on base by both sides.