• The KillerFrogs

Still My Biggest Horned Frog Football Moment

SnoopFrogs11

My #1 Moment in TCU Football history will always be the Rose Bowl. I was able to road trip 23 hours to see the Frogs step it up on one of the biggest stages and a few weeks after have our best finish since 1938.
#2 Frogs beating Utah in 2009 after 08's frustrating loss in Utah. Another reason it's #2 is because Gameday was there and it was my senior year of college.
#3 would have to be the TCU baseball beating UT in college world series last year though I didn't see it live. I just heard about it from my dad.

Oh, lordy. Can't we just agree that winning the Rose Bowl and joining the Big East were both "watershed" moments for TCU and move on?

In a way, they are both linked in that we have exorcised a lot of the same demons with both of them. No one can ever say we aren't a BCS-caliber program (we'll not only be in a BCS AQ conference, but we beat what many pundits said was the team playing the best football -- and we did it on the biggest bowl stage outside of the NCG).

The Rose Bowl validated our place in the game from a historical standpoint. We are now part of an elite group of ten teams to have played in the Rose, Fiesta, Orange and Sugar Bowls. Our legacy includes one (possibly two) national championships, a Heisman trophy winner, four top 10 finishes in a six year period, numerous conference championships and bowl appearances, and an NFL MVP. We are also the only school to have two major college awards named after alums.

The Big East invitation will secure our future in the game. And that's just as important as what the Rose Bowl did for our history. For as long as the Big East exists, we'll be out from underneath the shadow of UT and aTm and will be able to sustain and most likely enhance the identity and brand we've created without them.

desmith03

Football Jesus was, although he rode the bench behind Basil Mitchell. At the time of the 1998 Sun Bowl, TCU's last bowl win had been in 1957 - that's quite a dry spell. Our 1997 season finished 1-10 - that's quite a turnaround. We were huge underdogs that dismantled an arrogant and unsuspecting USC team that day. The new era of TCU football had begun, and we have never looked back.

Before 1997: Plaue of crickets
After 1998: Plague of Frogs!

TCURiggs

I've been fortunate enough to be in attendance at the following, and here's how I'd rank them.

1. Rose Bowl

2. Super Regional in Austin
2. Clemson
2. Omaha/Curry's Grand Slam (I only got to see the first UCLA game that we lost in person...FSU game on TV)
2. 2009 Utah
2. 2010 at Utah