• The KillerFrogs

Starting Lineup Prediction

Dogfrog

[font="arial][size="2"]
Green =
[/size][/font]
Returning ALL AMERICANS (or freshman All Americans) !!

Purple =
returning starter with high honors (previous 2010 All Conf selection, or projected 2011 All Conf selection)

black =

returning starter or part time starter

Red =

new starter

OFFENSE

OL - G Dooley, G Foltz, C Fry, T Olson, T Horn
(backups - T Dunbar, T Wellington, T Wooldridge, G Spence Thompson, G Trev Jones, C Mike Thompson, C Tausch)

QB - Pachall
(backups - Brown, Boykin, Gonzalez)

RB - Wesley , James
(backups - Tucker, Dean, Grant, Smith)

WR - Boyce , Hicks, Dawson
(backups - Carter, Brown, Jones, Shutt, Porter, White)

TE- Brock
(backups - Fuller, Bryant, Dille)

DEFENSE

DT - nt Coleman, dt Yendry
(backups - nt Burns, nt Hunter, nt Pierson, dt Johnson, dt House, dt Lewis)

DE - Maponga, Broughton
(backups - Forrest, Matt Anderson, Roberts, Murphy)

LB - Carder, Brock
(backups - Burks, Cain, Gildon, Gardiner, Sanders, Terry)

CB - McCoy, Battle
(backups - White, Verrett, Griffin, Garrett)

S - Cuba, Fobbs, Trent Thomas
(backups - Olabode, Jon Anderson, Scott, Carter, Graves, Aldridge, Bailey, Byrd)

Thanks for the clever utilization of font color. I find it greatly simplifies such complex material.

Gunner

After today, the corners might be Battle and Verrett. Probably not, but it could happen. Verrett has been a big surprise to us, but maybe not to the coaches.

It is goin' to be fun watchin' Horn, Wooldridge, Wellington, Thompson. Could it be Olson, Dooley, Thompson, Foltz, Horn by mid season. Followed by Dunbar, S Thompson, Fry, Wooldridge, Wellington?

FrogFaced

Smith is the most talented player, maybe on the offense. James is very close and Dean has been kicking butt lately in practice.

Worried about offensive tackle and a true freshman could even start there. Broughton is wearing offensive tackles out...But he may do that to alot of people. Could Naff come
in and start as a true freshman, as did Mr Newhouse?

James is better than Dwight Smith at this point. Not sure where all these wild projections about Smith are coming from in regards to his playing time this upcoming season. He has been running with the 3's. James is the first guy getting carries every time.

asleep003

James is better than Dwight Smith at this point. Not sure where all these wild projections about Smith are coming from in regards to his playing time this upcoming season. He has been running with the 3's. James is the first guy getting carries every time.

Gunner was just stating an opinion on the most talented. James is a fabulous back and should get most carries with Tucker and Dean. Believe all 4 will get similar chances at the Spring Game Saturday... which will be a good measuring stick for fans. I just don't think you can go wrong with any of them... what a fantastic delima!

neutral observer

LT- Dunbar
LG- Dooley
C- Fry
RG- Foltz
RT- Horn
TE- Brock
WR-Boyce
WR-Grant
WR-Brown
QB-Pachall
RB-Smith

DE-Maponga
DT-Johnson
NT-Coleman
DE-Broughton
LB-Carder
LB-Brock
CB-McCoy
CB-Battle
FS-Carter
WS-Cuba
SS-Graves

Yes, its going to be a fun season to watch with all these newcomers making big time contributions. I'm hoping the Maud Squad can move up the depth chart and I have Dunbar pencilled in as the starting Tackle. At the wide receive position, I don't see Skye or Hicks staying on top of the depth chart. I think they are passed by the incoming & redshirt freshmen. I know that Wesley is the leader in the clubhouse, but I really liked what I saw from James and can't wait to see Smith. IMO, the only possitions that are pretty much set are Carder & Brock at LB, Brock at TE, Boyce at WR, Mapanga at DE, and McCoy at CB. Everybody else better be willing to work their tails off to get on the field - just like it should be.

Interesting! What about Spencer Thompson?

neutral observer

I see Wesley, James & Tucker at rb by committee again. Only James gets more carries.

I agree that Battle may have the edge at cb with Verrett playing 30-35% of the time.

What about J. Anderson?