• The KillerFrogs

SportDFW: TCU Signee Kyan Anderson Interview

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SportDFW: TCU Signee Kyan Anderson Interview

AUTHOR: Alex Apple

Kyan Anderson is a three star point guard from here in Fort Worth that committed to TCU on Sunday night. Monday night Kyan and I talked to discuss his basketball future at TCU, the reasons for his signing with TCU, and about his relationship with Coach Jim Christian. In talking with Kyan, his passion for the game is obvious and his intelligence and basketball acumen are definitely assets that Jim Christian will love to have in a point guard.

Alex Apple: How excited are you to be committed with TCU, and how much of a relief is it to know that you have found your home?

Kyan Anderson: I am really excited to be at TCU. One of the biggest reasons that I decided to come to TCU was that I felt like I could come in and make an impact early. My mom, my dad, and I talked about my playing close to home, and I am excited to be playing in my own back yard and be playing at TCU. I decided to leave Providence because of the coaching staff change, and we did not feel comfortable that we had not talked to the coaching staff early, so I left and have found a new home here at TCU. ...

whatup1

Im excited for Kyan.

[font="Arial][b]Alex Apple[/b]: What was it that separated TCU from Virginia and Texas Tech (Anderson's other two finalists)?
[/font][/color][color=#424242][font=Arial][size=2][b]Kyan Anderson[/b]: It was the relationships that I established and then obviously being close to home. And of course, playing in the Big East is going to be crazy. It is going to be a great challenge for me that I can't wait to get started on. All the other schools were great, don't get me wrong, but I felt most comfortable here, and I wanted to come in early and help my team out right away.[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

[color="#424242"][font="Arial][size="4"]
[/size]
That is good to hear!

[/font]

mark32

Quick question for whatup, Ranger, or Guardian. With Anderson in the fold, I have us with 12 players, this is assuming Moss is on the team. Does this leave us with 1 spot open and if Moss leaves 2 spots open, or are we at 1 spot open, only if Moss leaves. Also, Ranger you said there was another player that was close to signing. Can you give us any more insight? Is this a big man, a guard, a freshmen, juco, transfer. Inquriing minds want to know.

whatup1

Tuffy is probably going to leave. I think most people expect TCU to sign one more person in this class. Its quite a class for Christian so far!

Froggle Rock

It sounds like this kid is fearless when driving to the rim (see the last q/a). It'll be fun to see him get to the rack, and then have Rhoomes and Co. there to clean up any misses.

Christian has said that he has six spots to fill, so I'm going to stick with that unless I hear something different, leaving us with one open spot. There have been hints and rumblings that the last ship will go to a big man (who is not Vashill Fernandez), and this makes sense with Cerina leaving. Cone has not proven that he has the ability to contribute meaningful minutes, and it would be asking a lot of Rhoomes to expect him to come here and play virtually the whole game.

Could McKinney play some at the 5? Yeah, but ideally he is a power forward and bringing in a center to platoon with Rhoomes makes the most sense with the last spot.

mark32

I agree, it needs to be a big man if you can find one. Interesting that there have been hints about a big, but no word on who it might be. With Odunsi not putting us in his top 3, a big man would be ideal. So does this mean Moss is back? If he has 6 spots and five have been filled, my understanding is we had an open spot from last year. We lost 2 Seniors; Gacesa and Hill, we supposedly had the open spot from Eiland not staying with his commitment, Clark and Yeager were kicked off the team and Cerina is transferring. That would be 6 total. So my question is, if Moss leaves does this give us another spot or was I wrong and we Eiland's commitment or lack of one doesn't count. Somewhere I read that a team can have 13 scholarship players. With Moss, we are at 12:

Guards:
Thorns
Moss
Cadot
Butler
Ray
Anderson

Forwards:
McKinney
Fields
Green
Crossland
Rhoomes
Kone

whatup1

No but Stokes is a point guard like Anderson, so I am not sure where his recruitment stands now that we have already signed a point guard to play with Hank Thorns.

I really am seriously excited to watch this team. Looking at that roster posted above shows me that we have a lot of depth and more talent on the roster than Christian has ever had. Bavcevic was left off the roster above which is why we will only sign 6 people.

mark32

I could be wrong, and probably am, but I thought Bavcevic was a walk on. A site that I go to for college basketball rosters has him as a walk on.