• The KillerFrogs

SportDFW: Resting Winkler is Correct Decision

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SportDFW: Resting Winkler is Correct Decision

AUTHOR: Nathan DeWitt

TCU coach Jim Schlossnagle has opted no to start RHP Kyle Winkler (8-2) this weekend in TCU’s series at Utah. With Winkler resting and Matt Purke and Steven Maxwell still resting their ailments, none of the regular weekend starters will pitch in the Utah series.

Schlossnagle has been very cautious with his starters this year, making sure not to over-throw any of them. He has even admitted that taking one of his starters out of the game an inning or two early may have cost TCU the game, but he’s content with his decision. ...

maxmtex

Pretty disoriented article, though the part quoted above was OK. Schloss is trying to have the three starters in form for the MWC tournament, and especially for the Regionals (wherever we may land).

Top, you had asked about Steven. He is doing well. Had a minor bicep strain, is over it, and is throwing/working out toward a return at New Mexico. I haven't said much lately, because it is Schloss's decision about what is relaeased for the public (and our competition), but since he has now gone public - I will too. The rest was already part of the bigger plan, and the bicep just started the rest a few days earlier than anticipated.

Let's focus on Utah. We have some strong arms lined up for them, and they have a couple really good pitchers themselves!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Pretty disoriented article, though the part quoted above was OK. Schloss is trying to have the three starters in form for the MWC tournament, and especially for the Regionals (wherever we may land).

Top, you had asked about Steven. He is doing well. Had a minor bicep strain, is over it, and is throwing/working out toward a return at New Mexico. I haven't said much lately, because it is Schloss's decision about what is relaeased for the public (and our competition), but since he has now gone public - I will too. The rest was already part of the bigger plan, and the bicep just started the rest a few days earlier than anticipated.

Let's focus on Utah. We have some strong arms lined up for them, and they have a couple really good pitchers themselves!
Thanks frog13. Let's wrap up the regular season title this weekend then get healthy for a big post-season run!

maxmtex

13, unless TCU screws the pooch, I believe they will host a regional.

I hope so,Babyface, but the crowding for the last four slots is getting worse. I hope that the tiebreakers, most of which go our way, are enough to win for us. RPI is not going to separate us from the other contenders.

I live in Houston, so travel is happening either way, but I want Lupton to host as it was magical last year.

Houston Frog

I live in Houston, so travel is happening either way, but I want Lupton to host as it was magical last year.
if we do have to travel, I'm hoping for Rice or A&M... neither of them scare me all that much (although I understand A&M has a hell of a weekend rotation), and travel would be easy