• The KillerFrogs

Southern Game TV

Pharm Frog

Which won't be reached until around 4 PM, long after our game is over. You guys are whining about an 11 AM kickoff just one day past August.

Would you rather begin at 2 PM, when the second half will extend right into the hottest part of the afternoon? Or did you think we were going to get an evening start against an FCS team?

The whole reason for this timing is that broadcasters feel compelled to televise TCU games. Count your blessings. If we weren't in broadcast demand, we could schedule our game starts at any time we pleased. Would that be preferable?

It is a blessing that it will be televised although I’d be equally content with our radio broadcast.

Which won't be reached until around 4 PM, long after our game is over. You guys are whining about an 11 AM kickoff just one day past August.

Would you rather begin at 2 PM, when the second half will extend right into the hottest part of the afternoon? Or did you think we were going to get an evening start against an FCS team?

The whole reason for this timing is that broadcasters feel compelled to televise TCU games. Count your blessings. If we weren't in broadcast demand, we could schedule our game starts at any time we pleased. Would that be preferable?
5 of the 8 Big 12 games on Saturday are at 11 am. Baylor/ACU and KSU/South Dakota are the evening games, and the KSU game is ESPN3 streaming only. Iowa State doesn’t even get that. They are on Cyclones.tv. WVU is on CBS, so they aren’t even taking a B12 TV slot.

It certainly looks like they did a terrible job with the entire B12 TV schedule on Saturday.

dawg

5 of the 8 Big 12 games on Saturday are at 11 am. Baylor/ACU and KSU/South Dakota are the evening games, and the KSU game is ESPN3 streaming only. Iowa State doesn’t even get that. They are on Cyclones.tv. WVU is on CBS, so they aren’t even taking a B12 TV slot.

It certainly looks like they did a terrible job with the entire B12 TV schedule on Saturday.

FSSW has the Rangers @ 7:00; that's why we're playing at 11am. The Jackson St game last year was 7:00 on FSSW.

Big Frog II

I would have rather have played Friday night at 7-7:30 than Saturday at 11 AM, but the Rangers probably play at that time slot too.

Zubaz

You guys are whining about an 11 AM kickoff just one day past August.

2012: TCU vs. Grambling. FSN. 7:00 PM.
2014: TCU vs Samford. FSN / FSSW, 6:00 PM
2016: TCU vs. South Dakota State. FSN / FSSW, 7:00 PM
2017: TCU vs. Jackson State. FSN / FSSW, 7:00 PM

I'm not particularly bothered, but let's not pretend that it's some rare occurrence to get an evening start for an FCS game when we are on a regional broadcast.

Realtorfrog

Bought b-ball tickets for the game in Waco a few years ago so I periodically still get emails. Received one last week that all I had to do to get 4 free tickets to the bu-acu game was respond to the email. I deleted it but they must be desperate

Eight

I own sunscreen, a purple hat, a purple dry-fit shirt, a bottle of Zing Zang and a bottle of vodka. Bring on the early game. Then I get to go home and crash while watching Abilene Christian embarrass the Bears and then watch Sumlin fight the magic underwear boys. Gonna be a good day.

i like where you head is, but after watching acu last year if they beat baylor......well, if they beat baylor it is going to be a really bad year for the bears.