• The KillerFrogs

Sooners got your back on the Wisconsin fiasco.

cdsfrog

it was one guy that said the crap about the stadium size. come on now 12 positive to 1 negative, quit being a [ Finebaum ]

Frog89

im guessing you werent in norman on sept 3rd 2005 when fans were threatening to burn down the stadium and demanding stoopes be fired, i was, and it wasnt pretty

Step into 2011. That was 6 years ago. You know, back when Tech was relevant?

Endless Purple

But these FCS games are one-and-dones, so the visiting teams have to be paid to fund their teams.

I have the impression that in typical home-and-homes the visitor may get a relatively small payment to cover travel expenses, but that the gate part of the big payday comes from the home game. So the "stadium is too small" argument is a red herring for a home-and-home contract, particularly if the TV money is divided between both programs.

If I'm wrong someone that knows what s/he's talking about might correct me. If "gdu" was lurking, he certainly would. :biggrin:
That's what I thought it was. Each home team keeps their own for the most part. The big money issues I always considered as being for one and done. If it is different, it would be good to know.

I can't hate on OU as they treat us fairly in setting up games. Even most of thier fans aren't too arrogant compared to Big 10, SEC or Big 12 Texas schools.

HG73

OU is a big time long term football giant who will give us a home and home. They fear nobody. I salute them. Unlike bevo, aggie, tech, okie lite.

roddog

Banned
nowhere near as bad the hick fights that broke out after 12-3.

hick fights lol, there were no fights i saw, the biggest problem was that tech brought tcus first sellout in 20 years and tcu was very ill prepared, lack of water, concessions, and preperation on a hot day was a sign that tcu was not ready for the big time, i hope the new stadium renovation fixes the exit and entrance problems when there are crowds of 40 plus thousand!

Frogenstein

hick fights lol, there were no fights i saw, the biggest problem was that tech brought tcus first sellout in 20 years and tcu was very ill prepared, lack of water, concessions, and preperation on a hot day was a sign that tcu was not ready for the big time, i hope the new stadium renovation fixes the exit and entrance problems when there are crowds of 40 plus thousand!
I guess Tech wasn't ready for the big time when yall hosted SMU, at least I think it was the ponies, 2 seasons ago and ran out of all liquid beverages.

michaelperrytcu

I guess Tech wasn't ready for the big time when yall hosted SMU, at least I think it was the ponies, 2 seasons ago and ran out of all liquid beverages.

No, that was this past year. Same weekend as Tennessee Tech I believe. So Roddog does that mean that we're big time now and yall still aren't?

As long as Former Senator David Boren is running things up there, TCU can count on OU treating TCU well. From what I remember, he has a son that went to TCU. Of the Big 12 schools, I respect OU and Baylor the most. They honor their contracts and are not afraid to come to Fort Worth.