• The KillerFrogs

Somebody tell our Defense

angelo's frog

Playing a Heisman candidate ought to get our guys stoked for this game. It sure would be nice to stop this Heisman campaign in its tracks first game of the season.

Excerpt from the DMN

Carlton: Baylor's Griffin seeks to create Heisman buzz with big wins

CHUCK CARLTON
7/29/2011

For all his gifts and accomplishments, Baylor's Robert Griffin III might still need a Heisman push.

One anecdote to emerge from Big 12 football media days involved Baylor coach Art Briles being asked about "Blake Griffin" by a reporter. Unless they were discussing the ability to dunk over a Kia, something was lost in translation.

And a point might have been confirmed. While opposing Big 12 players and coaches know all about the game-breaking junior quarterback who goes by the economical nickname RG3, not everybody else does. Even before media days, Baylor began promoting Griffin for the Heisman Trophy.

Briles has no concerns about Griffin's worthiness or his ability to deal with the attention.

"He's always been the center of attention, because he's always been a play-making stud," Briles said. "He's used to people looking at him and asking for answers. He knows how to handle it.

"Aside from being highly intelligent, which helps, he understands the game."

Plus, everything is very low-key, quaint by design.

"It's an honor to be part of a process like that," Griffin said. "Obviously, it's a small Heisman campaign, but coach Briles' belief is no one person is bigger than the team. I second that."

College writers around the country received a plastic-encased card with "RG3" in big letters and the subhead: "In the 2011 Heisman race keep your eye on third." And Baylor offered the obligatory Griffin notebook with complimentary quotes from folks like Mack Brown.

He's bright, with degree in hand and a goal of law school. While opponents have sometimes taken offense over his confidence ("the ear of the beholder," as Briles called it), Griffin is a reporter's dream.

Imagine if Griffin and Baylor impress a national TV audience in the season opener against Rose Bowl champ TCU — or in the 2011 finale against Texas. Or both.

Frog_Fan71

Imagine if Griffin and Baylor impress a national TV audience in the season opener against Rose Bowl champ TCU — or in the 2011 finale against Texas. Or both.

If he wanted to impress, he should have done it against a four-year starter. As Rick Flair once stated, "To be the man, you have to beat the man!" He didn't even come close to giving Andy Dalton a loss.

While he will have an opportunity with a young Casey Paschall. I think he will still have his hands full.
[/b]

Gunner

RG talked smack before our game last year, and after to the papers. Said he could hear the Froggies huffing and puffing when trying to catch him. That should make the bulletin board. I may take that one up there... That after the whipping they took.... :laugh:

Virginia Frog

RG talked smack before our game last year, and after to the papers. Said he could hear the Froggies huffing and puffing when trying to catch him. That should make the bulletin board. I may take that one up there... That after the whipping they took.... :laugh:
Every time I hear about RG3 as the football savior of the Baylor program I think he's just a Casey Printers Deux.

I wonder if he'll transfer to FL A&M his senior season?

Our D's main goal for Sept 2 should be to acquaint the back of his jersey with the turf in the most powerful fashion possible.

If pigs had wings, they could fly.

If I had a million dollars, I'd have one of those club seats.

Aint gonna happen though.

What a stupid article.

Latest posts