• The KillerFrogs

So who is the actual QB this week/moving forward?

82 Frog Fever

Starting and winning what? The game on Friday? I doubt we win the game.

So what you’re saying is if Hoover starts and we don’t win, that’s supposed to prove something going forward?

He’s a freshman. He’s played as well or better as a freshman than any TCU QB in I don’t know how long. At bare minimum. He’s a very solid choice to go into next year as the presumed starting QB.
It was Hoover starting and winning 8 games in ‘24, and it was meant more or less as humor. …aka “Meet me at fountain”
Nobody would ever take that bet, but earlier I said the ceiling on wins for Hover is 7.

We’ll have to disagree on the rest. Hoover has done well for being a RsF, but he already made a huge leap in body development from ’22 to ‘23, so I believe his upside going forward is limited. Maybe he’ll learn to handle pass rush pressure a little better, but still not the abilities that a top 25 team needs.
We 100% need a solid experienced QB from the portal in Dec.

Wexahu

It was Hoover starting and winning 8 games in ‘24, and it was meant more or less as humor. …aka “Meet me at fountain”
Nobody would ever take that bet, but earlier I said the ceiling on wins for Hover is 7.

We’ll have to disagree on the rest. Hoover has done well for being a RsF, but he already made a huge leap in body development from ’22 to ‘23, so I believe his upside going forward is limited. Maybe he’ll learn to handle pass rush pressure a little better, but still not the abilities that a top 25 team needs.
We 100% need a solid experienced QB from the portal in Dec.
On that part, that’d be great, but I doubt it will be easy to find. Lots of other programs will be looking for those too.

If we’re “stuck” with Hoover it could be worse.

Wexahu

I saw enough of Rashada this year to know Hoover’s better and it’s not even close. Howard only played against Mercer so you can’t even judge him yet.
Besides, just because a guy visited doesn’t mean you could have had him if you wanted. It means he visited. You know many guy GP brought in for visits that didn’t end up coming to TCU?

82 Frog Fever

@FloridaFrog76129 - I don’t think a freshman transfer, be it Howard or Rashada, would’ve been a good plan for ‘23. Down the road with some development? Sure. If we can’t get a really good, experienced QB transfer, let’s roll with Hoov or Morris.
I agree, but it’s bound to be complicated.
If we are good enough to land a solid experienced QB, will both Hoover & Morris stay at TCU? IDK
If I was Morris, I’d leave ASAP no matter what. This offense could make him a cripple, and even if it doesn’t, the fear of injury is in his head.

I guess I’m hoping for Experienced Portal QB + Hoover + Hejny.
This team needs an emergency talent injection at so many positions.

Wexahu

I agree, but it’s bound to be complicated.
If we are good enough to land a solid experienced QB, will both Hoover & Morris stay at TCU? IDK
If I was Morris, I’d leave ASAP no matter what. This offense could make him a cripple, and even if it doesn’t, the fear of injury is in his head.

I guess I’m hoping for Experienced Portal QB + Hoover + Hejny.
This team needs an emergency talent injection at so many positions.
Lineman. Both sides of the ball, but especially defense. That’s the biggest need.