• The KillerFrogs

Snake Oil Salesman

FROGDADDY

The whole concept of giving the trophy to Young is just ridiculous. If you take Bush out of the equation completely how do you know for sure that Leinart wouldn't have won? It's unlikely, but it's certainly possible. Not giving it to anybody is the only course of action that makes any sense.

halfwaytoheaven

texas-asterik.jpg

They have the history. What would a Heisman with an asterisk look like?

Wait, they gave themselves credit for a conference championship in 2008? I could see them claiming a South title, but the conference title?

gdu

Wait, they gave themselves credit for a conference championship in 2008? I could see them claiming a South title, but the conference title?
they had already beat the crap out of the B12 north champ and there isn't a soul in the country that didn't think they would have done it again.

(this has nothing to do with the underlying merit. We've already had that discussion, so I'm not going there)

Young and Horned

http://www.sportsbyb...an-with-i-28989

Brown credited himself as the reason V.Y. reconsidered accepting the award:

"I think Vince is trying to do what I asked him to do, and accept the trophy on behalf of the University of Texas if it's offered. I called and I was adamant about it. I said, 'It's great for this university, it's great for Texas, and I think in the long run it's great for you.'

"I was a huge part of the reason that he agreed he would accept it, because I asked him to in honor of the athletic department and the football team and all of his teammates. I don't know if he wanted it personally or not, but he would accept it because I asked him to for our program."

Brown credited himself as the reason Dan Buckner took part in organized crime:
"I think Dan is trying to do what I asked him to do, and make the University of Texas proud. I called and I was adamant about it. I said, 'It's great for this university, it's great for Texas, and I think in the long run it's great for you.'

"I was a huge part of the reason that he was arrested because I asked him to in honor of the athletic department and the football team and all of his teammates. I don't know if he wanted it personally or not, but he would do it again because I asked him to for our program."​