• The KillerFrogs

SN: Draft Dish: With top intangibles, Andy Dalton in position to move up

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
First, the disclaimer: I conducted multiple searches, scrolled through 20 pages of topics, and reviewed all the news links, and didn't find the story posted. If it is already posted, I apologize profusely and offer to make myself available for public execution.

SN link

Draft Dish: With top intangibles, Andy Dalton in position to move up
Russ Lande SN Icon Sporting News

With the NFL Scouting Combine a week away, many NFL teams are holding draft meetings to get ready for their trip to Indianapolis. Here are some players who are stirring discussion and debate:

Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

Halfway through the 2010 season, Dalton was viewed as a solid but developing prospect who needed a lot of work on his footwork and accuracy . . . . If Dalton tests out well physically at the Combine and his pro day, he could move up draft boards as coaches tend to fall in love with quarterbacks with great intangibles and enough physical ability to succeed.

Funny observation: lower in the article, Wiscy's Gabe Carimi is discussed, with the observation that a "faction views Carimi as a stiff player who lacks the athleticism and feet to play left tackle, will struggle to be productive at right tackle and warrants only third- or fourth-round consideration." Wow. I thought Wiscy's O-line was made up of players who will automatically be admitted into the HoF, lead by Carimi. Guess the objective eye of the NFL scouts knows something the AQ-shills don't.

Waccy Frog

You should never worry about posting something that's already been posted. Just describe what it is, and if somebody has already read it, they can just move on. Everyone else will be glad to have a second chance to read it. Don't let a couple of idiots deter you.

TheSheik

You should never worry about posting something that's already been posted. Just describe what it is, and if somebody has already read it, they can just move on. Everyone else will be glad to have a second chance to read it. Don't let a couple of idiots deter you.

This has already been posted

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs

Actually, rather than reading threads filled with information and intelligent debate, it is far more stimulating to read pages and pages of debate about who the bigger jerk is--the double poster, or the person who called out the double poster, or the person who called out the person who called out the double poster. Please, GDU and others, can we start one of those? We have to do something until Spring football starts.

Frogo

What Waccy said.

FrogAbroad

Hear! Hear!

hometown frog

I still say Andy will jump up high once all the Wunderlich test scores and personal interview assessments come back. He's just got that "IT" factor that make a QB a winner at the next level.

Word I'm hearing is that his Houston workouts are going well and he's working his tail off (surprising I know) to get ready for next week.

watchfrog

I didn't want to start a new thread on this but Russ Lande has updated the Draft Dish & said Dalton could pass Locker, Mallett on draft boards

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/draft-dish-dalton-could-pass-locker-mallett-on-draft-boards

goldenfrog

Agreed. Not all of us can spend all day on the board.