• The KillerFrogs

SMU to BCS

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Timing is everything and the time is right for SMU to move to a BCS Automatic Qualifying conference. During its 100-year history, SMU has competed in a BCS conference for 85...

Which is amazing comsidering the BCS is, in its various forms, 2 decades old.

"This Websense category is filtered: Potentially Damaging Content. Sites in this category may pose a security threat to network resources or private information, and are blocked by your organization."

froginaustin

SMU would like to become another Baylor, holding on to conference-mates to produce AQ-level revenue without making serious investments-- paying a coach $2mm/year for a few years alone isn't enough.

SMU would apparently like to avoid doing what TCU had to do to get where we are today, and that is investing a whole lot of money over a long period of time to work to the top level of college football.

If they succeed, good for them I suppose. Why pay dearly for something that can be finagled on the cheap?

RaiderHater

Is this legit?

Did anyone reads the posts bragging about how A&M said "They have respect for SMU" after the bashing in college station.

The best is that they are bragging about being ranked #58.

HFrog1999

desperation.png

Smitty

Has anyone seen the DMN print today? there's a FULL PAGE AD "SMU TO BCS!". If my iPhone wasn't broken, i'd attach a pic

Houston Frog

I'm confused by the point of the newspaper ad. Who are they advertising to.... the general public, the Big XII decision makers?

The general public doesn't have any say, and the Big XII decision makers already know they want in. What were they trying to accomplish with this advertisement?

HornedFrogGrant

SMU is the only FBS athletic program in Dallas, a top 5 TV market and arguably the most football-intense region in the state/country.

Since they don't mention TCU and University of North Texas, they must be referring to City of Dallas proper...
But wait, they're still wrong.
SMU is within the bounds of the municipality of University Park, TX.

Smitty

Since they don't mention TCU and University of North Texas, they must be referring to City of Dallas proper...
But wait, they're still wrong.
SMU is within the bounds of the municipality of University Park, TX.

and. Dallas by itself is not even close to a top 5 TV market.

Latest posts