• The KillerFrogs

SI's Peter King gives props to JKerley

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/08/08/tour/2.html

5. Jeremy Kerley, WR/KR, New York Jets, last round. At practice Wednesday, Kerley did an out-route right in front of me, caught the pass with his fingertips, diving, and got both feet inbounds, barely. What a catch. A Cris Carter, parallel-to-the-ground catch while making sure his feet touched green, not white.

The fifth-round pick from TCU, who made a lot of catches like that from Andy Dalton, is challenging for the slot receiver job, and kick and punt return gigs. He's a guy Rex Ryan loves, special-teams coach Mike Westhoff loves more, and you can feel him getting a real shot to touch the ball and score touchdowns. "Jeremy Kerley's got a chance, I think, to be something special,'' Ryan said. Will he be in the regular offense enough to matter? Maybe not. I just feel something with him and Ryan.

West Coast Johnny

wonder how Bart Johnson and Jimmy Young are doing? anyone heard?

Per Twitter, Jimmy Young had a great start to his training camp and in fact had at least one "play of the day" write up. Jimmy has a good chance of making the bears because of their depth at the position and his blocking ability.

I have not heard anything from Bart's camp with Cinci, which makes me wonder if he's getting any reps. I'm not sure how much of a chance Bart will have with Cinci, a slim one if Andy wants a familiar pair of hands to throw to on 3rd down. Lets just say that Bart isn't going to win a job based on his ability to pancake a safety or run faster than one.

Is anyone a bit surprised Jeremy is making highlight with his hands? I can't recall him making spectacular catches with TCU? He did his spectacular work with his feet, after catching the ball?

jake102

Kerley had tremendous hands during his time at TCU. All the TCU wide receivers are obviously taught to catch with their hands, not bodies.

ReedFrawg

Kerley had tremendous hands during his time at TCU. All the TCU wide receivers are obviously taught to catch with their hands, not bodies.

Kerley started out a lot like Laterrance Dunbar who never had great hands. (He was a great player and tough as nails.) However, I thought Kerley improved significantly and had extremely reliable hands over his last 2 seasons at TCU. Can't wait to watch Jets games this fall.

oldscribe

Kerley started out a lot like Laterrance Dunbar who never had great hands. (He was a great player and tough as nails.) However, I thought Kerley improved significantly and had extremely reliable hands over his last 2 seasons at TCU. Can't wait to watch Jets games this fall.
good hands and great concentration (look at him on punt catches with people all over him) and caught everything last year.

neo926

Per Twitter, Jimmy Young had a great start to his training camp and in fact had at least one "play of the day" write up. Jimmy has a good chance of making the bears because of their depth at the position and his blocking ability.
He has a chance, I don't know about a great chance. There are already five veteran WRs on the team and a few rookies competing for what is probably only one more open spot. He's done a nice job in practice thus far, but he still has a long way to go if he wants to make the opening day roster.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
He has a chance, I don't know about a great chance. There are already five veteran WRs on the team and a few rookies competing for what is probably only one more open spot. He's done a nice job in practice thus far, but he still has a long way to go if he wants to make the opening day roster.

Of the UDFA WRs, Dane Sanzenbacher of Ohio State seems to have the early edge. An ultimate place on the practice squad is not out of the question.