• The KillerFrogs

SEC Commissioner: Screw the little guy, they don't deserve tourney autobids (Oakland says hi)

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

SEC's NCAA flop makes Greg Sankey's push for tournament expansion look even more ridiculous

The SEC commish doesn't seem to understand what makes March Madness so special ... or he just doesn't care

Jeff Eisenberg
Senior writer

Now we know why SEC commissioner Greg Sankey wants to stop “giving away” NCAA bids to automatic qualifiers from smaller conferences.

Those have-me-nots have the gall to keep eliminating his deep-pocketed league’s most ballyhooed programs.

The trend started Thursday night when a former Division II guard sank a barrage of 3s to fuel 14th-seeded Oakland’s stunning upset of eight-time national champion Kentucky. Sankey’s nightmare deepened less than 24 hours later when Yale shooting guard John Poulakidas delivered a career game on the biggest possible stage to help the Ivy League runner-ups take down SEC tournament champion Auburn.

Read more at https://sports.yahoo.com/secs-ncaa-...sion-look-even-more-ridiculous-030957406.html

ShreveFrog

From the article:
Sankey ... envisions overhauling the NCAA tournament once the SEC and Big 12 expand to 16 teams and the ACC and Big Ten go to 18.

With who? How does he think Big 12 gets to 16?

GIF by Giphy QA

ShreveFrog

@TopFrog - I think Big 12 gets the best of the rest from the ACC, after the top 4 leave for SEC and/or Big. What’s left of ACC will be AAC+ imo.
I think Oregon St and Wazzu become Mtn West+ (though it’ll be called Pac whatever.)

froginmn

@TopFrog - I think Big 12 gets the best of the rest from the ACC, after the top 4 leave for SEC and/or Big. What’s left of ACC will be AAC+ imo.
I think Oregon St and Wazzu become Mtn West+ (though it’ll be called Pac whatever.)
Tough for the ACC to go to 18 if the other conferences take their schools...