• The KillerFrogs

SDSU scouting report

MidlandFrog

Are they heavy on senior leadership?

They do have a few playmakers on both sides of the ball. They just lost Andrews and he was one of their better linebackers. On defense the have Jerome Long on the D Line, Burris at LB, and McFadden at DB. They seem to be pretty susceptible to the run, which could help us milk clock, but our line is going to have to fire off to at least get 4 to 5 yards on 1st down. We should score points.

On offense they have a dynamite back in Hillman and a 1st day NFL draft pick in Ryan Lindley. He hasn't been that accurate this year, but neither had McDermott before he played us (actually he still only hit 55% or so of his passes, but threw enough in critical spots to make us pay). Not sure about their deep ball capabilities. They are a mash unit at wideout, after losing Brown and Vincent and then their top two returners going out in the preseason. I don't think they have the ability to smoke us deep like SMU and Baylor did, only because I am not sure how much speed they have on the outside. They have used Hillman a ton this year and if you look at Rocky Long's track record he is a run first coach. I expect them to test us deep early, but I think Long would like to get Hillman 25 carries. Their O-Line is pretty experienced from what I remember, but doesn't mean Maponga can't catch the edge. Lindley is not mobile.

I think overall SDSU is a very solid team that if they had more Hoke, Borges, and any true deep threats would give us fits. We need to key on Hillman and bottle him up as much as possible. I don't think SDSU has the skill on the outside to hurt us as much as SMU and Baylor did. I think we can get the running game going and then let Pachall cut loose. I expect a very hard-hitting tough game, but in the end I think we will pull it out. TCU 34- SDSU 27

jake102

I've heard they have a quarterback that can throw the ball vertically and receivers that have movable legs and arms.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
#24 is a pretty good WR, the rest of their receiving core is inexperienced and don't seem to be very talented, with that being said it will take total concentration to slow down their offense from our much maligned defense

on Offense the Frogs should be able to move the ball, would reall really like to see less running by Pachall and more screen passes and I formation running plays

SDSU is not the team they were last year, but every game will be a struggle for our young team from here on out, expect a close one

neutral observer

#24 is a pretty good WR, the rest of their receiving core is inexperienced and don't seem to be very talented, with that being said it will take total concentration to slow down their offense from our much maligned defense

on Offense the Frogs should be able to move the ball, would reall really like to see less running by Pachall and more screen passes and I formation running plays

SDSU is not the team they were last year, but every game will be a struggle for our young team from here on out, expect a close one

They can still throw the ball which makes us vulnerable.

Stiff Arm Frog

Wins against Army, WashU, and a D2 cupcake. Got beat pretty handily by Michigan this week.

I'm sure the Aztecs believe a conference championship is in the cards this year and will play us tough, as they always do. Should be a good game. I still say we have a loss to Boise State and one other conference team this season and this could be it.