• The KillerFrogs

SB: They Keep Saying Dallas

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
If they are saying the GAME is in Dallas, then yes, that's stupid. But to say nothing is located there is stupid, too. The media center and NFL Experience are both in Dallas. The Packers are in Irving, the Steelers (and ESPN) are in FW, the 'Fan Jam' concert is in Grand Prairie. Myriad other events from Frisco to Dallas to Grapevine to FW. Only the game itself is really in Arlington (of the high profile stuff, anyways), and officially the Super Bowl has been referred to as the North Texas Super Bowl (which is also the name of the web site for the game).

82Frog

Back in 1981 when I was an intern in the sports department at channel 5, Scott Murray would always address himself on the phone as "Scott Murray at Channel 5 in Dallas" . .even though we were sitting in the station in east Fort Worth. Use to always piss me off.

Opintel

Moderators
If they are saying the GAME is in Dallas, then yes, that's stupid. But to say nothing is located there is stupid, too. The media center and NFL Experience are both in Dallas. The Packers are in Irving, the Steelers (and ESPN) are in FW, the 'Fan Jam' concert is in Grand Prairie. Myriad other events from Frisco to Dallas to Grapevine to FW. Only the game itself is really in Arlington (of the high profile stuff, anyways), and officially the Super Bowl has been referred to as the North Texas Super Bowl (which is also the name of the web site for the game).
They are broadcasting from Fort Worth...the ESPN HQ's for the game is in Sundance Square. Even the airport is not in Dallas; what exactly is located in Dallas?

Yes, indeed, there are many things spread all across the Fort Worth/Dallas area. I misspoke, I wasn't precise enough. My sincere apologies.

sprfrog84

The NFL Experience is in downtown Dallas (Convention Center) and for all you moms and dads out there with kids aging from 6-12 (mine is 10) I highly recommend it. Great fun! Not to mention the stands with all the collectibles (cards, pennants, etc.) on sale. I even picked up a TCU Bluebonnet Bowl Pennant (happened to be very busy that New Years Evening in 84 and did not have a chance to run out to concessions and pick one up). Also purchased a really cool TCU Framed Rose Bowl Picture.

Pappy Frog

"Fort Worth" was coming loud and
clear for me this a.m. on ESPN
Radio. If not Fort Worth, Arlington
was getting the credit. I was
pleased while listening. :blush:

FDW

Dallas has the media center, NFL experience and is hosting a large majority of the parties so it's inevitable that they'll be getting mentioned on ESPN. The important thing is that ESPN personalities in town have made it very clear that they're broadcasting from Fort Worth and have been complimentary to Sundance Square.

God I hate the whining about this. Arlington complains about people calling it "Dallas", yet...the team that occupies that stadium is the DALLAS Cowboys.

When I lived in Arlington and visited another city, I told them I lived in Dallas. It's just easier than trying to explain where you really live. Perhaps "DFW" is more accurate (and better than "North Texas"), but Dallas is just easily recognized. It's in reference to the Dallas metropolitan area.

As for ESPN, I've heard mostly Fort Worth. Especially the people that are actually in Fort Worth. The people in Bristol are mostly saying "Texas" or "North Texas".