• The KillerFrogs

Say a prayer

Double D

Tier 1
Email from Lettermen's Association:

Lettermen’s Association Members,

It is with great sadness to inform the Association that two-sport letterman and our oldest living dues-paying member, M.E. Chappell, Jr. '31 passed away at his home on Friday, April 22. He recently celebrated his 100th birthday.

Mr. Chappell, played both baseball and basketball for the Horned Frogs and was a consistent supporter of the Association as well as the Alumni Association and TCU Athletics. He was not only consistent in his dues, but since graduation in 1931, he only missed one Lettermen's Association Annual Meeting and Celebration, and that was in 2009 due to the scare of H1N1 and a severe storm threat.

He was a blessed man and a blessing to our Association and would truly be missed. Please keep the Chappell family in your thoughts and prayers.

Below are updated funeral arrangements and an obituary celebrating his life that’s posted in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

Viewing Robertson Mueller Harper Funeral Directors
Drawing Room
Monday, April 25, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Funeral Services First Presbyterian Church Davis Chapel of the Intercession 1000 Penn St., Fort Worth, TX Tuesday, April 26, 2 p.m.
Visitation: Following the Service
Burial: Private -Laurel Land Memorial Park

Robertson Mueller Harper Funeral Directors 1500 8th Avenue Ft. Worth, TX 76104 (817) 924-4233

Fort Worth Star-Telegram –Obituary Notice Link -http:// www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=me-chappell-chap&pid=150488463#ixzz1KTseAWTZ

oldscribe

Condolences to his family.100 years old.He saw a lot during his TCU time.Good to bad to good again in football.

I knew Chap well the last 10-15 years and there was no one....no one....who was a bigger Frog fan than he. As his vision and mobility both suffered he finally gave up his football season tickets in his mid-90s. He finally had to give going to basketball games a couple years ago. But he listened to every TCU event that was on radio (football, basketball, baseball) up to the last 2 weeks, I really enjoyed his recollections of his days at TCU, especially pitching baseball under Dutch Meyer. It was my privilege to know Dutch well, and then to know Chap. Bless them both.

First Tee Frog

Mr. Chappell was central to Karl Travis' sermon yesterday and it was beautiful. Karl said he was talking to M.E. last week when it became inevitable that his time was close and he asked him if he was ready to die. He said he was ready to go to sleep and wake up with Catherine. I for one am happy for him that he is with her today in paradise.