• The KillerFrogs

Sanger ISD Convocation

dweller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKizNsE3Xj0&feature=youtu.be :laugh:

This was just to funny not to pass on. ((Kinda sad too.) :eek:hmy:

Stiff Arm Frog

On a related note, did anyone else see Rick Perry's college transcript?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/05/rick-perry-college-transcript_n_919357.html

I think his grades alone qualify as an Aggie joke.

dweller

I bet the majority of them voted for him so they get what they deserve.
you'd be surprised, alot voted him for hin the first couple of times, but alot voted against him last time. I am a life lont republican (moderate) and I voted for the demo canidate for the first time in my life. Perry is one of those politicians who the longer he is in office the more out of touch with reality he becomes.

dweller

So I still have hope to be governor someday! Been on probation before but rebounded once i got into my major classes and now have a 3.4 after being very sub par first 2 years :)
Heck I graduated with a GPA of 2.01..............Then finished my Masters in May with 3.613......College grades (undergrad) don't always predict future performance. :cool:

froginaustin

John Kelso, an Austin American-Statesman humor columnist, waxed eloquent on Perry's transcript. Kelso claimed Perry's cumulative GPA was 1.86 (4 point system). Kelso could have been exercising humorists' poetic license, maybe.

It's been so long since I've been in college that I may have forgotten, but isn't a 2.0 (4 pt. system) necessary to get a diploma? Could it be that Rick didn't graduate from A&M, or are the rules at aTm looser because of the demands of their "agricultural leadership" program?

:laugh:

froginaustin

Heck I graduated with a GPA of 2.01..............Then finished my Masters in May with 3.613......College grades (undergrad) don't always predict future performance. :cool:
How did you get admitted to a Masters program with a 2.01 undergrad GPA?

I apologize for asking a rude question, but this is an anonymous board and I'm curious.

Frogo

I bet the majority of them voted for him so they get what they deserve.

Yeah. Those selfish teachers. Only thinking of themselves and their rich lifestyles. Aren't we lucky we have Rick Perry to stand up to them and all those kids who think they're entitled to an education at the public expense?

YA

Yeah. Those selfish teachers. Only thinking of themselves and their rich lifestyles. Aren't we lucky we have Rick Perry to stand up to them and all those kids who think they're entitled to an education at the public expense?
You got to think about what your vote means. Straight ticket voting is for the mindless.

froginaustin

You got to think about what your vote means. Straight ticket voting is for the mindless.

I've had 2 good friends, each a sharp mind with a good education but with differing world views, say to me in almost identical words--

support your party in the general; fix your problems in the primary.

One was a paid advance man for the Reagan presidential campaign back in the day, and later a Republican candidate for the Lege. The other (since passed away, unfortunately) was the president of a local and a salaried organizer for the national Carpenters and Joiners Union - AFL/CIO.

The Republican-- the thought of actually marking a ballot to vote for George H.W. Bush made him ill. He avoided the problem by voting a straight ticket. :biggrin:

dweller

How did you get admitted to a Masters program with a 2.01 undergrad GPA?

I apologize for asking a rude question, but this is an anonymous board and I'm curious.
Not rude at all, I graduated from TCU in 1983. I am 54 y/o went to work on my masters in 2009. I took classes as non degree for the fist 18 hours, was accepted to the Masters program on a probationary status for the fall semester and was officially admitted to the program until the semester I graduated. I need 18 hours of "A's" in Grad courses to get accepted into the program. Talk about fun, but I don't believe in doing things the easy way. Just further proof the youth is wasted on the young. :blush:

froginaustin

Not rude at all, I graduated from TCU in 1983. I am 54 y/o went to work on my masters in 2009. I took classes as non degree for the fist 18 hours, was accepted to the Masters program on a probationary status for the fall semester and was officially admitted to the program until the semester I graduated. I need 18 hours of "A's" in Grad courses to get accepted into the program. Talk about fun, but I don't believe in doing things the easy way. Just further proof the youth is wasted on the young. :blush:
Cool.