• The KillerFrogs

Rose Bowl renovations

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
ESPN story

PASADENA, Calif. -- A $152 million project to renovate the historic Rose Bowl has begun.

A groundbreaking ceremony Tuesday kicked off the effort that will widen tunnels and improve the concourse, scoreboards and video boards.

Maybe they can upgrade the announcer to say "Wesley" instead of "Weasley" and "First Down" instead of "Touchdown."

713frog

or wisconsin instead of michigan

thank god they're doing this. whoever built the stadium is an idiot. gorgeous setting, but so many headaches about the lots and the stadium itself. bathrooms outside the tunnels? traffic at the tunnels? only a couple bridges between the stadium and the parking lots? bleachers?!?!

Big Frog II

or wisconsin instead of michigan

thank god they're doing this. whoever built the stadium is an idiot. gorgeous setting, but so many headaches about the lots and the stadium itself. bathrooms outside the tunnels? traffic at the tunnels? only a couple bridges between the stadium and the parking lots? bleachers?!?!
You think building this stadium in the 20's had anything to do with that?

Zubaz

ACS has bleachers too. If you're standing it doesn't make a difference :ph34r:

I thought the stadium was amazing. Yeah, bathrooms were a bit of a mess, but beyond that it was an amazing experience. For the views that we had, you'd never know that stadium holds 100k+, especially comparing it to University of Phoenix or Cowboys stadium which holds significantly less.

gdu

I thought the stadium was amazing. Yeah, bathrooms were a bit of a mess, but beyond that it was an amazing experience. For the views that we had, you'd never know that stadium holds 100k+, especially comparing it to University of Phoenix or Cowboys stadium which holds significantly less.
Exactly. I tried to tell you guys about the bathrooms and concessions. I have been to 4 games there now and never used the bathrooms. Not worth missing 1/4 of the game.

713frog

Exactly. I tried to tell you guys about the bathrooms and concessions. I have been to 4 games there now and never used the bathrooms. Not worth missing 1/4 of the game.

def agree. i hardly drank that day, and hit up the bathrooms twice before the start of the game. didn't even leave at halftime

neo926

Co-sign.

Limp Lizard

My biggest complaint was that the rows were too close together. I was about 7-8 seats from the aisle, and getting to the aisle was a major hassle.

BTW, my wife is short, and even standing could not see the field most times...had to look at the screen...which was pretty small for such a famous stadium. Maybe that is something that will be addressed in the renovation. We did sit down during the many media time-outs: I am neither under 30 or an aggie.

Still, though, it was a great experience and I am glad I went. Pasadena is a beautiful town, but I bet the traffic due to the parade and the game is a major hassle if you live there.

Frogenstein

Still, though, it was a great experience and I am glad I went. Pasadena is a beautiful town, but I bet the traffic due to the parade and the game is a major hassle if you live there.
I am sure it is but the money and exposure the 2 events bring the city are probably worth it.

gdu

My biggest complaint was that the rows were too close together. I was about 7-8 seats from the aisle, and getting to the aisle was a major hassle.

BTW, my wife is short, and even standing could not see the field most times...had to look at the screen...which was pretty small for such a famous stadium. Maybe that is something that will be addressed in the renovation. We did sit down during the many media time-outs: I am neither under 30 or an aggie.

Americans were much smaller in the 1920s.

The TVs will be addressed in the rennovations as well.

Frog DJ

I visited the Men's Room on the way into our seats, and after seeing the line at halftime, simply "held it" until we encountered an RV park bathroom on the way back to the car.

Missing any of that game was just not an option!

Go Frogs!