• The KillerFrogs

Rose Bowl Prediction: TCU will tackle Oregon in Pasadena

Cougar/Frog

This would only happen if Big Ten Champion plays for the NC. I don't see that happening.

Exactly. The Big Ten champ is going to the Rose Bowl under most reasonable scenarios, as is the Pac-10 champ. While TCU might end up at the Rose Bowl, if, and only if, Oregon runs the table, Oregon has a number of tough games upcoming and will likely drop 1, if not 2. Of course, if Oregon drops two games, it opens the door back open for Stanford.....

HoustonHornedFrog

This would only happen if Big Ten Champion plays for the NC. I don't see that happening.

Only likely chance at this point is Mich. State running the table, and a whole lot of other people losing. Oh.St is very unlikely to get there with a loss and if Mich St runs the table they still have to get past several SEC teams and/or Oregon.

Evlo59

Ugh... I like the nod for a BCS game but not the Rose Bowl. I would much prefer the sugar or a fiesta repeat. I would love the trip to Miami but fear a sub par opponent would be on the radar

Frogs1983

Ugh... I like the nod for a BCS game but not the Rose Bowl. I would much prefer the sugar or a fiesta repeat. I would love the trip to Miami but fear a sub par opponent would be on the radar

Saw this morning ESPN has us in the Las Vegas Bowl against UCLA!:blink:
I really dislike ESPN.

PurplePutt

Exactly. The Big Ten champ is going to the Rose Bowl under most reasonable scenarios, as is the Pac-10 champ. While TCU might end up at the Rose Bowl, if, and only if, Oregon runs the table, Oregon has a number of tough games upcoming and will likely drop 1, if not 2. Of course, if Oregon drops two games, it opens the door back open for Stanford.....

It is the Rose Bowl's turn to take the top ranked non-auto bid school if there is one that qualifies and it is not in the championship game.

JogginFrog

Was looking at the SI crew's projections for BCS bowls:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/10/21/midseason-crystal-ball/index.html

One that struck me as making sense was Andy Staples projecting the Utes to the Rose Bowl. You've got to think that the Tournament of Roses committee will be among the biggest Utah fans on November 6. While Boise would get the Rose Bowl off the hook for this year by making the championship game, I could see the Rose taking the opportunity to remove itself from the hook for future years by inviting a 12-0 non-AQ team that will become "one of its own" in its very next game. Thus protecting the sanctity of its precious PAC-Big Ten rivalry.

Course, they have to hope Oregon wins out as well and makes the NC game.

Endless Purple

TCU has never played in the Rose Bowl, but has played in the Fiesta, Sugar and Orange. Need a complete set. (Though we have not won a Fiesta Bowl yet)