• The KillerFrogs

Rivals: All-Undrafted Team

AEAfrog

Winning the Rimington Trophy is kind of hit and miss on draft status. I've listed the last ten winners before Jake Kirkpatrick below. As you can see, they range from a first rounder in Maurkice Pouncey down to several guys that went undrafted. This is hardly an unheard of occurrence.

Last ten Rimington Trophy winners:

2009 - Maurkice Pouncey (1st round, pick 18)
2008 - AQ Shipley (7th round, pick 226)
2007 - Jonathan Luigs (4th round, pick 106)
2006 - Dan Mozes (undrafted)
2005 - Greg Eslinger (6th round, pick 198)
2004 - David Baas (2nd round, pick 33) & Ben Wilkerson (undrafted)
2003 - Jake Grove (2nd round, pick 45)
2002 - Brett Romber (undrafted)
2001 - LeCharles Bentley (2nd round, pick 44)
2000 - Dominic Raiola (2nd round, pick 50)

berryfrog95

2000 and 2009 guys ring a bell, the others quite frankly don't.

While there are a couple that didn't get drafted, the odds were STILL 50% to be a 2nd Round draft choice or higher, so Jake really got the shaft........ Best of luck Jake.

AEAfrog

2000 and 2009 guys ring a bell, the others quite frankly don't.

While there are a couple that didn't get drafted, the odds were STILL 50% to be a 2nd Round draft choice or higher, so Jake really got the shaft........ Best of luck Jake.

Same here. The only other one that I could recall was LeCharles Bentley. He was pretty highly regarded early in his career but injuries forced him into an early retirement.

Portland Frog

Remember Mark Stepnoski with the Cowboys? He was undersized and I believe smaller than Jake, and had a stellar career. Was he drafted though? I don't recall.

frogbyproxy

I'd like to make a point the article didn't touch! They were not drafted it does not touch on the point they will still be in the NFL! :tongue:

Go Frogs!