• The KillerFrogs

Rebuilt Big East Part II

West Texas Frog

The latest reports have Navy and Air Force being football only members of the Big East. Can't imagine the MWC allowing AF to leave its other sports while football goes east. I don't know where else they would put them (Big Sky Conference?)

While both academy schools have a national following and have more TV appeal than most any other non auto bid bcs school, the Big East should continue adding schools to get to 12.

East Carolina has expressed major interest in joining the Big East for some time, and I would say they would be the best available out of CUSA.

Boise St. be another that would be a football only member and I assume place their other sports in the same place as Air Force, wherever that may be. BSU would jump at the chance.

To get to 12...we would add either Central Florida or Houston, which will really upset either TCU or South Florida because they do not want the instate competition in the same conference. Both bring huge media markets and that is all the TV folks care about.

TCU, Boise St. and West Virginia would be headline programs, while all of the others have better than average programs. In fact...the other 9 schools have been to many bowl games recently.

With BSU, Air Force and Navy not being a part of the rest of the Big East, surely we can convince some of the non football playing members of the conference to stick around and maintain a good Big East basketball conference.