• The KillerFrogs

Rangers - up 7-0 - in delay

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
That's completely ridiculous!! With 1 inning to go? at 4:45??!

WHEN BOTH TEAMS HAVE THE NEXT DAY OFF?!!

Collective Bargaining Agreement stipulates that teams have a certain number of off-days at home. Today is one of those days for Oakland. So they couldn't use today as a makeup day. And that's why the game Wednesday was required to be a daytime start, so Oakland could get home, which is why they couldn't wait around for a very long time for the weather to clear. it's also why you see Oakland have an inordinate amount of midweek day games - they are frequently are the last stop of a road trip for somebody heading home for an off-day.

IronSkillet

Collective Bargaining Agreement stipulates that teams have a certain number of off-days at home. Today is one of those days for Oakland. So they couldn't use today as a makeup day. And that's why the game Wednesday was required to be a daytime start, so Oakland could get home, which is why they couldn't wait around for a very long time for the weather to clear. it's also why you see Oakland have an inordinate amount of midweek day games - they are frequently are the last stop of a road trip for somebody heading home for an off-day.

Yeah, my buddy was explaining that to me last night. Bummer, but I guess their hands were tied :mad:

RaiderHater

This is one thing about baseball I don't get. Why when they replay the game just start at exactly where the game stopped, why do they have to play the whole game over again? But according to the rule if the game is past 5 innings but it is tied. They do exactly that, start the game from where it left off.

In golf play gets suspended due to rain often and they mark their ball, and the next day recreate the lie as best as possible and start from where they left off. If Phil Mickelson was -6 after 8 holes in the first round of tournament and it rains. They don't say "sorry Phil but tomorrow you'll have to start from hole 1 and start again".