• The KillerFrogs

Poll: What should our mascot's name be?

Should we have live horned frogs at football games?

• Yes

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • No

Votes: 62 70.5%

• Total voters

NubomTurk

Tier 1
already taken you idiot.

By that logic, Addie can't be used because Addison Clark had already taken the name. So clearly, using a person's name as a TCU mascot's name has precedent.

Heck, we couldn't even use Superfrog because of my friend back in middle school, Superfrog Gillespie,

you moron.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
It's 2011 NOW.

If enough people subscribed to this kind of logic, we could expect the crowd in Austin to make a change from Bevo to "Super Steer" or perhaps the Ags to go to "Magnificent Mutt" from Reveille? Of course not. Those are traditions which no one would even think of tossing in the trash can. Traditions are the strings which tie one generation of students to the next and make alums feel connected to the university. Although I applaud John Grace for modifying the Addie costume, I wish he'd insisted on keeping the traditional name. As more and more of TCU's traditions are replaced, I feel less and less connected.

Mike Brooks

I like the idea of Super Frog entering the stadium on a chariot flanked by 2 smoking hot coeds in togas. Maybe SF could wear a toga as well prior to stripping it off when he delivers the game ball.

Unfortunately, our stadium would be difficult for horses to enter or leave.

Stiff Arm Frog

If enough people subscribed to this kind of logic, we could expect the crowd in Austin to make a change from Bevo to "Super Steer" or perhaps the Ags to go to "Magnificent Mutt" from Reveille? Of course not. Those are traditions which no one would even think of tossing in the trash can. Traditions are the strings which tie one generation of students to the next and make alums feel connected to the university. Although I applaud John Grace for modifying the Addie costume, I wish he'd insisted on keeping the traditional name. As more and more of TCU's traditions are replaced, I feel less and less connected.

This is how I feel.

Pappy Frog

We are...HORNED FROGS.
Well, so what if the
real deal is a lizard!

I always liked the
legend re Eastland
County courthouse and
Ol RIP. There's a
name for you...

PurplFrawg

Administrator

I'm sorry that you cannot feel the passion I have for this university and must make light of it. I hope you have more compassion in the courtroom. I'm not grumpy, just nostalgic.

Pharm Frog

Unfortunately, our stadium would be difficult for horses to enter or leave.

Not as difficult as Jones Stadium on some days.... One Saturday in 1994 in particular. Bad day for the equine community, and I was there...but didn't return until Aledo played Plainview on one bone-chilling cold evening in the D4 playoffs.

Frogs97

superfrog.gif

Sleestak!!

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Love me some

FEAR THE FROG

mantra...so...Fearsome the Frog would fit in.

Then too, with apologies to the Bear's criterai of wanting all his players to be mobile,agile and hostile... Concerning our mascot,how about MOBILE, AGILE, HOSTILE, REPTILE?

Rearranged a bit we could make it HOSTILE, AGILE, MOBILE REPTILE
H...A...M...R...
Call our reptilian frog "Hammer"