• The KillerFrogs

Photos: One More Look at ACS

I drove over from Dallas yesterday to have lunch with some friends, and stopped by to see the stadium one last time since I can't make the game today. I didn't have a good camera with me, but it ended up being such a beautiful afternoon that I figured I'd take some shots with my cell phone. They turned out OK, so I'm sharing for your enjoyment.

Thanks for sharing! I took a few during the SDSU weekend... here are a couple...

View attachment 1120View attachment 1121

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I went to "Buda Fest" today and a photog had a booth there. I walked up as a lady was holding this panoramic photo of AGC stadium. I said "Hey, TCU!" Of course I had on a TCU Football t-shirt and so did her husband. I think we were the only ones there wearing them. (Buda is south of Austin, so is all 'Whorns and Aggies.) Anyway, Randy Smith, the photographer was there and told us that he had one chance to get an AGC licensed photo and it happened to be on 18 Sep - the Baylor game. He then gave us both a really nice price. I wish I could post it, but I'm technically challenged. But the link to see it online is:
http://www.campusartprints.com/art/TX-TCU/1206 It is hard to see online, but the photo is beautiful. I though it was ironic that I got it the day before the implosion, since it is taken from the upper deck. Also, the "Mountain West" logos on the field are almost nostalgic. Frankly, I get a little choked up looking at it. I'm such a girl! :wub:

surdacki

Great pics---brings back memories of what a great place that stadium was for having sex and smoking pot back in the 80's...oh, and great football too!

froginaustin

Does anybody know if they salvaged the Latin-engraved stonework and doors from the tower? I always loved that.
Yes, I distinctly remember reading that the stonework and doors from the tower were to be salvaged, and, IIRC, incorporated into the club section.