• The KillerFrogs

Phil Steele: TCU Ranked #11

DickBumpastache

Phil Steele has been putting out his top-30 on his Website since the middle of May. He puts one team per day up, and has their full preview on his site in .pdf format for a 24 hour period. He is up to the top ten right now.

Just put TCU up as #11 nationally. Did a pretty decent job with the depth chart...biggest glaring mistake is listing Waymon James 4th at RB. On defense, I think Tra Battle will start at CB over Verrett and Trent Thomas will start rather than Sam Carter. Other than that it seems pretty accurate to me.

He is basically calling for an 11-1 season, which means Boise will certainly be a top-ten team in his rankings.

Check it out here: http://philsteele.com/

berryfrog95

I really like Steele's analysis overall & how in-depth it is. Wish we had a picture of an offensive player on the page like James or Wesley....

Just looking at depth chart our Defensive depth is tremendous!

oldscribe

What always gets me about Steele is the way he lists players who will rarely see the field, and the way he swamps readers with statistics, many of which are meaningless.

OmniscienceFrog

Just put TCU up as #11 nationally. Did a pretty decent job with the depth chart...biggest glaring mistake is listing Waymon James 4th at RB. On defense, I think Tra Battle will start at CB over Verrett and Trent Thomas will start rather than Sam Carter. Other than that it seems pretty accurate to me.

I don't know, listing a RS freshman and two walk-ons as the depth at linebacker, with no mention of Kris Gardner and Kenny Cain, is about as glaring as it gets. He lists them in the depth chart, but left them out of the positional breakdown.

mtmedlin

My BULLS are in at #25, suprised to not see West Virginia. I guess they still can come in within the top 10.

Also noticed #21 Houston. I am guessing they think Keenum is going to make Houston a success this year, of course they started Houston out on the top 25 last year...until Keenum went down.

Gunner

No, the biggest mistake was making Tank All America and again on the 4th team AA. Of course, he meant Brock, just a slight error.

Another glaring mistake was not picking TCU the best linebacker unit. But he is from Cleveland, Ohio and he still thinks the Big 10 is "oh so powerful"... He alos rated TCU RB's way below where they should be..all the BCS idiots get these ideas and it is hard to change the bull headed.

I know he gets some bad info, and alot of his stats are gathered by someone he is trusting and it is not always the best. But his basic approach is sound and it is fun seeing him pick Ags over Welfare UT, with some good logic. I've been saying the same thing, that Texas has too many problems to correct in one year.. But he says UT will surprise and do better than many think. I don't think so.

Overlooking Cain and Gardner, tells me his source on TCU is weak. But his stats are solid, also his history...To show the extent he covers things, he goes into detail about how well TCU special teams have done over the years. And you could tell, he was more than a little curious who would take over for Kerley on punt returns...

His mag is a buy. :cool: