• The KillerFrogs

Peter King

jeremyjack22

Three days I peeked into the school bookstore at TCU, wanting to buy a Horned Frogs hoodie. Three days, closed. Campus closed. The NHL could have played the Winter Classic on about three locations on campus. The place was a rink, from end to end, and it never even began to melt the entire time the Steelers were there, from early Wednesday to Saturday noon.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/02/07/super/index.html#ixzz1DINFI2sx

Was there not a TCU employee on hand to act as some sort of concierge? Sad that a well known media type wanted a TCU sweathsirt, and no one was there to get him one. Missed opportunity. Mailing it to him now is too little too late.

That being said, I'm tired of the weather griping. It wasn't a surprise. Pack accordingly. And if you're covering practice in FW, stay here. Was the TRE up and running last week?

Was there not a TCU employee on hand to act as some sort of concierge? Sad that a well known media type wanted a TCU sweathsirt, and no one was there to get him one. Missed opportunity. Mailing it to him now is too little too late.

That being said, I'm tired of the weather griping. It wasn't a surprise. Pack accordingly. And if you're covering practice in FW, stay here. Was the TRE up and running last week?

Disagree.

And upon receipt of hoodie, Peter King is the kind of guy that would make mention of it in his next MMQB column. Someone needs to send the column link to the bookstore manager with the suggestion that TCU send one to him. Another thought, Del Conte would undoubtedly make this happen. Would result in good PR for the school.

ftwfrog

"All that being said, and understanding that this was a freakish storm, it's hard to fathom for an event that was this ballyhooed, by a region that is dying to get in the regular Super Bowl rotation, that they don't have many (any?) plows down here, they don't salt the roads when there's an ice storm (and there was a doozy Tuesday morning), and their energy grid is ill-equipped to handle the drain on the resources the region faced late in the week."

I got sick of Peter King bashing North Texas. He's been anti-North Texas Super Bowl since he got here. There were plenty of snow plows, and plenty of sand trucks. I-30 was fine, as were most of the highways. I think he was just complaining to complain. I talked to many who were doing real work, which caused them to drive around the metroplex and every one of them told me that the highways were fine after 8am or so each day.

YA

"All that being said, and understanding that this was a freakish storm, it's hard to fathom for an event that was this ballyhooed, by a region that is dying to get in the regular Super Bowl rotation, that they don't have many (any?) plows down here, they don't salt the roads when there's an ice storm (and there was a doozy Tuesday morning), and their energy grid is ill-equipped to handle the drain on the resources the region faced late in the week."

I got sick of Peter King bashing North Texas. He's been anti-North Texas Super Bowl since he got here. There were plenty of snow plows, and plenty of sand trucks. I-30 was fine, as were most of the highways. I think he was just complaining to complain. I talked to many who were doing real work, which caused them to drive around the metroplex and every one of them told me that the highways were fine after 8am or so each day.
As a guy who does the daily commute to Dallas for the last 14 years, the roads were not "fine" after 8am. I-30 was the best route, but it too had spots that were bad, especially in the cooper street area. I did not go Tuesday or Friday. Life is too short to risk life and property for those days.

Boomhauer

As a guy who does the daily commute to Dallas for the last 14 years, the roads were not "fine" after 8am. I-30 was the best route, but it too had spots that were bad, especially in the cooper street area. I did not go Tuesday or Friday. Life is too short to risk life and property for those days.

Hey YA, I'm looking at moving back to Fort Worth (tired of Dallas). I would be making the commute to Dallas on a daily basis. How long is your drive each day (I'm assuming you leave during normal rush hour). Thanks.

YA

Hey YA, I'm looking at moving back to Fort Worth (tired of Dallas). I would be making the commute to Dallas on a daily basis. How long is your drive each day (I'm assuming you leave during normal rush hour). Thanks.
45 minutes to 1 hour on average from my house in SW Fort Worth to downtown Dallas. I-30 is usually the best for lone commuters. If on south side of town, take I-20 to spur 408/loop 12 to I-30 in. Once 161 is finished, I'd would take that over spur 408.

I do drive my car like I just stole it so it might take you a little longer if you drive under 75ish.

ifrog

The highways and streets were bad let's be honest. But that storm wasn't one you could really plan for. What are the odds of that storm hitting DFW again?

Of course maybe we get the same tomorrow lol

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
I met Peter King once. He's much thinner than he looks on TV. Looks younger in person, too. He lives in the Boston area.

Is somebody getting him a hoodie? He could give us some nice pub. Nice guy.