• The KillerFrogs

OSU series

AggieFrog

No, they don't. However, once you get below an RPI of 20-22 your chances of hosting are a lot less. We need to say at or above that level. I think if we beat BU we will be right about there. I was amazed at the low attendance at OSU this weekend. That will hurt their chances of hosting and help ours.

The only problem is the Utah & New Mexico series along with Oral Roberts will be a killer for the RPI - it would be better if TCU didn't play those games. Nothing wrong with a few rain outs in those games.

SeniorFrog

I know attendance should play a factor but do you reckon that someone is keeping track of that? Maybe I just have the non-aq chip on my shoulder but would expect that the powers that be would just take it for granted that OSU has much better attendance than TCU.

We are top 10 in the nation in attendance. Not an issue.

Metropolis777

No, they don't. However, once you get below an RPI of 20-22 your chances of hosting are a lot less. We need to say at or above that level. I think if we beat BU we will be right about there. I was amazed at the low attendance at OSU this weekend. That will hurt their chances of hosting and help ours.
FWIW, here's the current RPIs of the 4 Texas teams vying for host bids:

13 Texas
15 Rice
18 Texas A&M
20 TCU

Rice, A&M, and TCU are clustered so closely right now that the committee probably gives it to the head to head winners. Rice is 2-0 vs. A&M with both wins in Houston (Minute Maid & Reckling). TCU is 1-0 vs. A&M with the win on the road (bonus points). A&M is winless and TCU has not played Rice.

Additionally, if TCU goes 7-1 or better they can crack the top 16 RPI. If Rice and/or A&M go 8-0, they will likely crack the top 8 RPI.

gdice

FWIW, here's the current RPIs of the 4 Texas teams vying for host bids:

13 Texas
15 Rice
18 Texas A&M
20 TCU

Rice, A&M, and TCU are clustered so closely right now that the committee probably gives it to the head to head winners. Rice is 2-0 vs. A&M with both wins in Houston (Minute Maid & Reckling). TCU is 1-0 vs. A&M with the win on the road (bonus points). A&M is winless and TCU has not played Rice.

Additionally, if TCU goes 7-1 or better they can crack the top 16 RPI. If Rice and/or A&M go 8-0, they will likely crack the top 8 RPI.

Good evaluation, if TCU can take care of business the rest of the season, then we can root for Rice to lose to Southern Miss and A&M to lose to Texas...

HToady

RPI doesn't mean squat.

It's BIS (Butts in Seats) that determine the host.

Nobody goes to baseball games at Rice or OU.

Spike

RPI doesn't mean squat.

I suspect that to balance that out they will send interesting and close teams there. Remember in 2007 we went to Rice along with Baylor and Texas Southern. UT hosted the little sisters of the poor, as they provide enough fans on their own. For this reason we may get to host for attendance reasons, or travel to Rice or OU, but not Aggie land or Austin yet.

maxmtex

RPI doesn't mean squat.

I think you may be wrong. RPI matters the most, but conference placement, rankings and attendance do have some role. Rice is a strong attendance school (3400 per game), so we have no huge advantage there. OU has poor attendance, but they beat us twice. There is a chance that four schools in Texas could host (it happened at least once in the past 7-8 years when Baylor, UT, Rice and A&M all hosted). We need to win 7 of 8 and hope for that.