• The KillerFrogs

Old P.A Announcer

Deep Purple

I like the new Mr. Nasal better. Love hearing him say, "Onnnd ant quarnnterbannnk fornn TCU, nunnmber founnr, Casnnny Pann-haaaannnpl!"

(heavy sarcasm)

count_biffula

Good note --- new stadium pa system sounds great(at least over the air)

Bad note --- the new/old announcer is annoying and way over the top

Stiff Arm Frog

The old announcer did the pre-game, too. He needs to go back to being the full time mic guy.

I don't want to say the new guy sucks, but he messes up the "AND. IT'S. THIRD DOWN!!" every time. Very distracting.

jake102

The old announcer did the pre-game, too. He needs to go back to being the full time mic guy.

I don't want to say the new guy sucks, but he messes up the "AND. IT'S. THIRD DOWN!!" every time. Very distracting.

The main thing is that the new guy simply messes up names and numbers of players. Half the time it's number 86 Chuck Hunter on the tackle.

bscttyb

he did 1st down TCU a couple of times, mostly 1st down frogs. he was better, but still needs to be replaced. I give him a gold star for effort.

frogfan72

The guy from last year was great. It wasn't broke....why was it "fixed" ?

The guy who does pregame and halftime is Sam Bogart. He has NEVER done P.A. during the game.

The previous few years, the announcer has been Joe Gumm. He wasn't fired - he left DFW to start a radio show in OKC.

We didn't have a choice but to make a move.

I was in town for last week's game and thought the new announcer was really, really bad. Between calling the wrong player's name on tackles and carries (which could be due to a bad spotter), haphazard pronunciations on the "And it's Third Down", and an overemphasis on the "s" in "Frogs" (that made it sound like he was saying, "Frog-sssssssssssssss"), I was embarrassed to have out-of-towners hear this guy and think he represented TCU. I have a hard time believing that this is the best game-day P.A. announcing available in the Fort Worth/Dallas area.

ZeeFrog

you realize of course the new guy is actually the old guy who started - "and its third down." give him a few more games he's rusty meanwhile - its 3rddddd down (down echo)