• The KillerFrogs

New York Post: Jets' Westhoff tutors Brad's replacements

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
New York Post: Jets' Westhoff tutors Brad's replacements

By BRIAN COSTELLO

... "My goal now is who's next," Westhoff said.

The answer may be rookie Jeremy Kerley. The fifth-round pick out of TCU has been the breakout star of training camp so far, listed as the team's starting kick and punt-returner. He was the two-time Mountain West special teams player of the year in college.

"It's a non-stop learning experience," Kerley said. "Nothing's been overwhelming so far."

The Jets may also turn to Kerley to replace Smith in the Wildcat. Jets coach Rex Ryan said the team is looking at three candidates to run the formation that became the rage in football three years ago -- Kerley, LaDainian Tomlinson and Joe McKnight. ...

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
Westhoff....the best line coach I had at TCU. Shame we only had him one year.

West Coast Johnny

LT's comments were not exactly favorable for Kerley.

My guess this is a mis-quote and he was saying these things about Kereley.
McKnight, the second-year running back out of USC, has the athleticism to do everything asked in the role. Tomlinson sees McKnight as being similar to Smith.

"The thing I've said to him is he can do things that nobody else can do on this team because he can return punts, he can return kicks, he can line up as a receiver, he can go in the backfield," Tomlinson said. "He's kind of like that jack of all trades, kind of like our new Brad Smith."

jake102

Jets released their first depth chart:

Kerley is Plaxico's backup... should see a lot of snaps with Plax being questionable.

Listed as the kick returner and punt returner. Going to be a busy man.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Sure you all know this, but we'll be able to watch them this Monday night! Jets v. Texans. Wonder if the Texans will play Jason Teague - he's 4th on the depth chart.