• The KillerFrogs

NCAA Week 1 Betting Lines Out

SnoSki

I really like Boise -2.5. They will roll Georgia.

Yeah I do too. I listened to a betting podcast the other day and the guy said that he thought Georgia should be the favorite in this game.. thought that even though Georgia went 5-7 last year that they'd be too much for Boise on a long travel.

Guess he didn't see the VT game last yr.

Barring injury, I'd be surprised if Boise wins by less than 10.

Was about to post similarly. As well as that team is coached, I suspect they'll be able to virtually plug-and-play.
Easier said than done. Proven WRs do not pop up over night. Just check Justin Blackmon's stats his first year. It takes a year to get adjusted to how the D is gonna play you.

Houston Frog

I'm sure a lot of people are saying our WR corp is gonna be in trouble after losing Young and Kerley, but we've got guys to fill right in…. I'm sure Boise has some receivers who can get the job done. Usually WR isn't a make or break position on a team anyway. I know Pettis and Young were good, but I don't think they made that team.

I'm sure a lot of people are saying our WR corp is gonna be in trouble after losing Young and Kerley, but we've got guys to fill right in…. I'm sure Boise has some receivers who can get the job done. Usually WR isn't a make or break position on a team anyway. I know Pettis and Young were good, but I don't think they made that team.
I just never saw anyone besides those 2 catch passes, whereas Dawson and Boyce have both had some huge receptions. Boyce is a beast in the making. Also Hicks? Maybe he will play this year?

SnoSki

Boise lost Pettis and Young but they still have Shoemaker in the WR and still have Doug martin at RB. They have options.

jake102

Pettis and Young will certainly hurt Boise State more than Kerley and Young will hurt us. Shoemaker is insanely good, but probably not quite as good as he looks due to the attention that was on Pettis and Young. He will have a big year.

Pettis was huge and caught everything... some of the best hands in college football with the height to go with it. He was a good fit for the types of throws that Simple Jack makes... and Young was quick and reliable as well.

I'm going to stick with my prediction of Boise winning the NC this year... the rest of the field is weak and I'm not sure there will be two BCS teams that are undefeated.

berryfrog95

Boise lost Pettis and Young but they still have Shoemaker in the WR and still have Doug martin at RB. They have options.

Boise might have a little more run heavy offensive scheme....Martin will open up the passing game for those younger WRs. Plus. new off coor this year...