• The KillerFrogs

Monroe News Star: Hodge set on Arkansas despite TCU temptation

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Monroe News Star: Hodge set on Arkansas despite TCU temptation

By Jerit Roser • jroser@thenewsstar.com

Two of the area's top prospects, defensive tackles Demarcus Hodge of Neville and Chuck Hunter of West Monroe, playing side by side for one of the nation's top college football programs would've been an intriguing prospect for local fans.It was tempting for the prep standouts too, but not tempting enough.

Hodge said he is still committed to sign with Arkansas on Wednesday's National Signing Day despite Hunter's pledge to TCU and a good visit with the Horned Frogs.

"It would've been great, both coming from the same town," he said. "It would've made that place more homey, and it would've been great for both of our families to make it easier for them to come watch us play. It would've been a great opportunity, and I have thought about it, but I still feel like the best opportunity for me personally is at Arkansas." ...

FrogAbroad

"... but I still feel like the best opportunity for me personally is at Arkansas."

It's a very tough decision for a young person to make. Not even old enough to vote or enter a contract in most states, they have to make a decision that will shape their career and life.

In the final analysis he's got to go with whatever he perceives to be his own personal "best opportunity." I wish his choice had been TCU, but wherever he goes I still wish him wonderful opportunities for personal success in his endeavors.

I wish this player nothing but the best if he has decided to go to Arkansas, but just wait until he has his first encounter with Bobby P at Ark. Talk about a jerk.