• The KillerFrogs

Minneapolis Star-Tribune: The BCS is a joke

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Minneapolis Star-Tribune: The BCS is a joke

Posted by Jim Souhan

BCS executive director Bill Hancock, trying to defend the indefensible, told writers on Monday that ``there is no groundswell among presidents or commissioners for seismic change’’ to the system.

He also said this: ``

"I try not to get to defensive about this…. but I’m disappointed by the childish rhetoric that comes from some quarters. But words like cartel and criminals and all these other "C" words … corruption, communist, they are absolutely silly and childish when referring to this arrangement. This is a group of schools doing what’s best for their students. It’s not sinister; there’s nothing evil about it. What kind of corrupt deal would give (TCU) an opportunity to play in (the Rose Bowl)? They played in the Rose Bowl because of the BCS.’’

Although I am fully in favor of the BCS ``cartel’’ being termed ``corrupt,’’ let me add my own ``C’’ word to the list:

Comical. ...

FROGDADDY

I completely agree with this guy. The amount of time these teams are forced to wait between their last regular season game and their bowl game is ridiculous.