• The KillerFrogs

MiLB.com: Cron upholding family name in Missoula

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
MiLB.com: Cron upholding family name in Missoula

By Mark Emery / MiLB.com

The success Kevin Cron is enjoying in the Pioneer League can't be that surprising, not when you consider the D-backs prospect's baseball pedigree.

The younger brother of Angels rookie C.J. Cron and son of Chris Cron, Arizona's new Minor League hitting instructor, Kevin has excelled for Rookie-level Missoula during the first 16 games of his professional career. A first baseman and designated hitter like his older brother, he hit two home runs and plated five runs Thursday en route to the Osprey's 11-5 victory at Grand Junction's Suplizio Field.

"We've been struggling a little bit the last couple games," Kevin Cron said. "We've been really getting runs poured on us early. It's been kind of deflating for the offense a little bit. We made it a goal tonight to go out and jump on top early. The top of the lineup did a good job getting on base. And then I was just looking for a good pitch in the first inning, and I got a pitch up in the zone. I was able to get it out.

"And then later in the game, once you get them down, you're just trying to pour it on and end the game early. So I got up in the fourth inning with two outs and a couple guys in scoring position, just trying to get a good pitch that I could hit hard, and I ended up getting one out over the plate that I could drive. So it worked out well." ...

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140711&content_id=84142560&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb&sid=milb