• The KillerFrogs

Mack Brown Is A Little Down

Frostie

Brown said that he was "terrified" during pre-game warmup because his team looked arrogant and cocky. "They were not ready to play," he said. "I was ready to play, but they were not ready to play."

Um, Mr. Brown and I say Mr. because you don't deserve the title Coach at this point; you do not play the game, your responsibility is to get the kids ready to play.

Brown also took issue with his assistant coaches, saying he needed to review lots of things before the next team meeting, because he is at a point where "you can't trust your team and you can't trust your coaches ... They're not getting (players) ready to go."

Um, Mr. Brown, come here, come closer, okay here goes "You are the freaking Head Coach you should be monitoring your assistant coaches every game, that is your job! They are not paying you 5 mil plus a year to look at your yellow teeth.

http://dallas.sbnation.com/2010/10/24/1772184/mack-brown-is-a-little-down
Countdown for GDU rebuttal 10......9.........8.............7..............

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Mighty UT was laid low by arguably the most pitiful team in the Big XII (-II). Well, behind Kansas...

One can only hope that Mack's bubble has been pricked. Having "the Best Recruiting Class EVER!!!" every year, and choking up a game like that, at home, is pert near unforgivable in Austin.

I would expect an increase in the "Mack should retire" rumbles during the week.

Oh, and GO BAYLOR!!!

Frostie

Mighty UT was laid low by arguably the most pitiful team in the Big XII (-II). Well, behind Kansas...

One can only hope that Mack's bubble has been pricked. Having "the Best Recruiting Class EVER!!!" every year, and choking up a game like that, at home, is pert near unforgivable in Austin.

I would expect an increase in the "Mack should retire" rumbles during the week.

Oh, and GO BAYLOR!!!

Mack will be more like Coach Patterson this week, UT will be ready to go against Baylor. No way Baylor comes close to winning in Austin, not sure they will be beaten like they were in Fort Worth but it will be painful to watch.

Frostie

Why are we talking about this year. We have a top 5 team and Texas is irrelevant this year.

Because I enjoy the Longhorns demise almost as much as I love basking in the Frogs success. I am pretty sure I am not alone in my thinking.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The big, fancy word you're looking for is schadenfreud, German for "taking delight in other people's troubles." Watching an arrogant bunch of UT types getting laid low by Iowa State pretty much pegs my schadenfreud meter, especially when said game is in Austin. In front of 100,000 t-shirt fans, wondering exactly why they paid $50+ to watch that.

Oh, what joy...

Of course, the meter will continue to be in the red all week while the folks in Austin tear out each others entrails over the sad state of affairs down on the 40 Acres.

I believe Baylor has a much better shot than anybody gives them credit for. Running team. Shifty QB. Opportunistic defense. UT hasn't shown diddley-squat, and has been out-muscled by some bad competition. Baylor is looking forward to the game. UT is consumed with self-doubt.

Heh. I love college football!

gdu

The big, fancy word you're looking for is schadenfreud, German for "taking delight in other people's troubles." Watching an arrogant bunch of UT types getting laid low by Iowa State pretty much pegs my schadenfreud meter, especially when said game is in Austin. In front of 100,000 t-shirt fans, wondering exactly why they paid $50+ to watch that.

Oh, what joy...

Of course, the meter will continue to be in the red all week while the folks in Austin tear out each others entrails over the sad state of affairs down on the 40 Acres.

I believe Baylor has a much better shot than anybody gives them credit for. Running team. Shifty QB. Opportunistic defense. UT hasn't shown diddley-squat, and has been out-muscled by some bad competition. Baylor is looking forward to the game. UT is consumed with self-doubt.

Heh. I love college football!
I feel the same about several teams, but I would never start a thread about it unless it had more to do with TCU (like we actually played them that year).

PhillyFrog

There is much truth in what you say, wise man.

In a 'normal' year, I too would double-down the Longhorns.

But.....

I also see a Baylor team energized from emerging out of the football wilderness. RG Cubed is their burning bush, so to speak.

I also see a Texas offense that couldn't score on a laced-up Baylor coed. An OL that bends over and takes it smooth and a QB that sucks thumbs.

If the Texas defense were to go hunt together, they'd make Dick Cheney look like the TCU Rifle team.

Which team is more confident in itself today?

If I were to say the coaching staffs were a wash, which staff should feel insulted?

Will there be more empty seats at DKR or at Yankee Stadium this weekend?

My best guess is Texas wins by a field goal with one second on the clock. They're familiar with that outcome. I guess the computers would count that as a quality win.

Should be a hell of a game.

Go Bears!

Mack will be more like Coach Patterson this week, UT will be ready to go against Baylor. No way Baylor comes close to winning in Austin, not sure they will be beaten like they were in Fort Worth but it will be painful to watch.

Ravenous Ute

Oh, what joy...

Schadenfreud! Great word!

Mack could learn a lot from Coach Whittingham!

Froggy Style

Yes, listen to gdu, he never talks about ut and is confused why others are pointing out the troubles of the Yankees of college football.

frogtwang

I feel the same about several teams, but I would never start a thread about it unless it had more to do with TCU (like we actually played them that year).

Come on folks, cut him some slack. We all know how relevant the "special" Mizzou uniforms are to TCU football.

Latest posts