• The KillerFrogs

Leading up to the TCU vs BYU game

frogbyproxy

BYU game could end up being a game of national interest by the time TCU heads into Cowboy Stadium. Sure our schedule includes some small time football because of TexasTech pulled out because their schedule was too tough with us on it. But we have games at the start of the season that will help us in the polls with Baylor,Air Force and SMU. Our schedule may not be the toughest but those teams may help us in the long run. If Baylor can win one more game overall than last year they can also help us before the BYU game they will play KSU, ISU andA$M but they will not win all three I hate to say. Air Force has a chance to beat Notre Dame which always helps with the rankings in polls but the SMU dark horse could really help us in the ranking by beating the Aggies at the start of the season. I think we can all attest to the fact SMU can catch a team off guard and beat them. Walking into Cowboy's stadium undefeated will all depend on Casey and crew but I feel they are up to the task. On the offensive line we have three guys who started 16 games last year and are Olson, Dooley and Thompson. Other than those three we just need time to get the backups ready. If Casey and crew walk onto Floyd Casey Field relaxed and pumped without a case of butterflies that takes them out of the game TCU will be undefeated when they meet BYU.

BYU's schedule is really going to help us this year if they win all their games with the three main games before we play them being Ole Miss, Texasand Oregon State. BYU and the three before mentioned are ranked pretty close to each other and I truly believe BYU can win those games if they play their "A" games.

The biggest challenge I see for TCU is filling the stadium more than last year. I felt we did great with Oregon State but we need more people in the stands for this game. Last year we ended up with 46,138 in attendance for the game. Oklahoma played BYU Sept 5 2009 had an attendance of 75,437. Could we get over70,000 if both teams are undefeated and ranked? The lowest attendance record after ours was Oct 9 2010 with Arkansas vsTexas A$M with an attendance of 65,222. It really doesn't matter if I feel we can put more in the stadium because ESPN put the dagger in the heart of prime time college football because the game is being played on a Friday night. This could be one of the biggest games of the year if it wasn't for TV. IMO

Cowboys Stadium Collegiate Football

Matchups Date
Matchup
Score
Attendance

Sept. 5, 2009
Oklahoma vs. BYU*
BYU, 14-13

Oct. 3, 2009
Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (Southwest Classic)
Arkansas, 47-19

Nov. 28, 2009
Texas Tech vs. Baylor
Texas Tech, 20-13

Dec. 5, 2009
Big XII Championship, Texas vs. Nebraska
Texas, 13-12

Jan. 2, 2010
2010 Cotton Bowl, Mississippi vs. Oklahoma State
Ole Miss, 21-7

Sept. 4, 2010
TCU vs. Oregon State University*
TCU, 30-21

Oct. 9, 2010
Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (Southwest Classic)
Arkansas, 24-17

Dec. 4, 2010
Big XII Championship, Oklahoma vs. Nebraska
Oklahoma, 23-20

Jan. 7, 2011
2011 Cotton Bowl, LSU vs. Texas A&M
LSU, 41-24

frogbyproxy

Sorry Gofrogyou but it isn't actually an attendance thread. I just put it in there before someone else asked the question. Two thirds is about leading up to the game who is playing who and where it may lead. By the way between the three players on the line they have 17 starts and we have backups stepping into the starting roll that has playing experience from last year. The only problem I see is getting the redshirts from last year and the freshman this year ready for play. We are looking better on the offensive line than I thought. Incoming freshman will get playing time this year I believe if we have two injuries on the line.

As far as attendance it is moot because of ESPN. Talk about ruining a good game. :blush:

HickoryFlameFrog

Oh, please. What's with the OU/BYU attendance?
Every Okie that could read a map,
possessed a working vehicle and
had enough money for gas, eats and a ticket
made the trip to see the Sooners play in the
death star.

Team needs to see that this is a whole new season,
that this year is an opportunity to grow up and become
the national champion contender the fans hope and
believe is possible with the talent that has been assembled.

The real key is whether or not this group spends the summer
busting their tails to get ready or reading stories about
what a great program TCU has become.

That said, this team is not in the same universe as the team
that went 8-5 in Dalton's first year starting.
The experience of last season can be a huge factor for
a team that is ready to claim its own legacy.

Latest posts