• The KillerFrogs

LaDainian climbing that NFL rushing ladder

Stiff Arm Frog

Yeah, it's the off-season.
What do y'all think his chances are of beating out Smith for the all time record? Might not be likely, but it wouldn't be impossible either. He put up 914 yards last season and he's still played significantly fewer seasons than most of the guys on that list. I'm thinking the fact that LaDainian still hasn't won a Superbowl will continue to motivate him, just like it did for Walter Payton.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm

Also of note, last season LT passed Eric Dickerson for #6. Ha.
tongue.gif

hindry

What do y'all think his chances are of beating out Smith for the all time record? Might not be likely, but it wouldn't be impossible either. He put up 914 yards last season and he's still played significantly fewer seasons than most of the guys on that list. I'm thinking the fact that LaDainian still hasn't won a Superbowl will continue to motivate him, just like it did for Walter Payton.

tongue.gif

who the hell is curtis martin?

weklfrog

tongue.gif
There has been some speculation, even from LT, that he could retire depending on what decisions the Jets make. I don't think he will. I think he passes Bettis next year if he plays and maybe Martin (needs 697 yards). Even though he got over 900 yards last year, half of those yards were in the first 6 games, he didn't go over 60 yards after the 5th game and didn't go over 50 yards after the 9th game, so he had a big decline in production as the season progressed.

LT needs 1865 yds to catch Sanders for 3rd place and I don't see him doing that.

steelfrog

Tier 1
I hope he plays 2-3 more seasons, if he wants to. Even if he retires right now, though, he's prolly a first ballot HOF player, especially considering his character, personality, etc.

ftwfrog

Before last season, I was hoping he'd catch Emmitt for the rushing TD's record. As of now he needs 20 more rushing TD's. He only had 6 rushing TD's last season. If he goes crazy and gets a few more goal line carries, he'd have to play 3 more seasons to have a chance and I don't see that happening.

steelfrog

Tier 1
He's second all-time in rushing TDs; 3 or 4 all-time in total TDs (but a couple right on his heels); don't forget his receptions. 6th right now in rushing. A couple of years ago, the discussion was whether or not he might be the greatest running back in NFL history! He has the single season TD record, reception record single season for RB. NFL MVP. Etc. etc.

Latest posts