• The KillerFrogs

keep a good thought...

oldscribe

my friend who is 100 years old. He fell last night and broke his hip. May have surgery today, his daughter says. For those who don't know, Chap is TCU's oldest letterman (basketball and baseball c. 1930). Also former Ridglea club golf champion. Obviously, this is no picnic at his age, but he's tough....

BABYFACE

I have met Mr. Chappell. At that age a broken hip usually does one in. But, he is no ordinary guy. I would bet on him bucking the odds.

Get well soon.

oldscribe

I have met Mr. Chappell. At that age a broken hip usually does one in. But, he is no ordinary guy. I would bet on him bucking the odds.

Get well soon.

He had surgery yesterday, a pin was inserted and doctor was very encouraging about it all. Keep up the good thoughts!

M.E. is a special guy and was always at football and basketball games until recently...

He lettered in '29-'31, so he may well be the only letterman from the 1920's (with only a few from the '30s)- I believe in 3 sports (fb, basketball and baseball)... His dad was pastor at Hemphill Heights Presbyterian Church...

He had a younger brother who just passed away in his 90s who also was a letterman...

Let's pray for him to recover...