• The KillerFrogs

Just out of curiousity.....

FROGDADDY

..... this D is atrocious, and it's not just because RG III looks like the best QB ever to roam the earth. No pressure, can't tackle, and DB's indescribably bad. I haven't heard even a peep about our D having problems, surely there were some warning signs in the practices leading up to this. Good lord.

Atom

No he's not. Our D is just THAT bad.

Agree and disagree. Some bad coverage early but he's made a lot of great passes and there were some great catches in good coverage. Of course its easier to do when run defense and pass rush are struggling but still no doubt he's played great.

snoop9606

i did. i didn't think our d would be THIS bad, though. griffin badly wanted this win and baylor has progressed every year he had played through a majority of the season. again, i saw baylor keeping it extremely close, but i didn't see our d being so terrible in the 1st 3 quarters.

helcap

..... this D is atrocious, and it's not just because RG III looks like the best QB ever to roam the earth. No pressure, can't tackle, and DB's indescribably bad. I haven't heard even a peep about our D having problems, surely there were some warning signs in the practices leading up to this. Good lord.
You are spot on. Offensive line got most of the "bad pub" during practices, as well as some on Pachall. Defensive line was praised as better than last year. Secondary was not mentioned as an area of concern If you had told me we would score 48 points, no way I would have thought we would lose.

Genbukan

No one saw it coming because LHCGP closed practices once the team got into pads. Now we know why.

We have such a weak schedule we probably still finish 8-4 or 7-5 but wow..... what a shocking disappointment.

Guess Glascow was the brains the behind the 4-2-5! (NOTE - last comment intended as gallows humor only).

dweller

This reminds me of 06 and 07 seasons. We were good against the run, butt teams with good QB's and Receivers burned us deep. Corners are a work in progress, we will be fine against less moblil QBs.
CP really impressed me with how calm he remained. Josh dropped a couple he should have caught, including 2 point conversion towrd teh end, but both he and CP were cramping bad and looked like it affected their performance. A bit more experience and no cramps, this offense is going to bve fantastic. GP will fix the the defensive problems by mid season and the good news is this is an early loss. We can overcome it.