• The KillerFrogs

It's HOT! Damn hot! Real hot!

ShadowFrog

Moderators
A little crotch pot cooking.

Well, can you tell me what it feels like?

Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! I saw - It's so damn hot, I saw one of them little guys in their orange robes burst into flames! It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about?

What do you think it's going to be like tonight?

It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good if you're in the jungle!

Thank you, Roosevelt....

------------

It may be 60 days or so till Frog Football but only 28 days till Fandango.

http://www.frogfandango.com/

Come on down, drink some beer, play some golf, drink some beer, tell some lies, drink some beer, listen to to some ole honky tonk music, drink some beer, float on the river, drink some beer, meet/greet fellow TCU Frog friends & legends, drink somee beer, maybe meet Ted Nugent, drink some beer, eat great 'que, drink some beer, toss the water frisbee & football, drink some beer, maybe see the entire TCU Girls Soccer team turn out, drink some beer. You get the idea - BE THERE!

SnoSki

63 days to be exact, if you don't count that Friday, the 2nd.

63 days can be converted to one of these units:
-5,443,200 seconds
-90,720 minutes
-1512 hours
-9 weeks

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Well...okay, since we've descended this far into complete Fan Board offseason anarchy, I'll add this little item:

Don't Kill the Oxford Comma!

Grammar lovers today were saddened, shocked, and mightily displeased at the news that the P.R. department of the University of Oxford has decided to drop the comma for which it is so justly famed. As GalleyCat reported, the university's new style guide advises writers, "As a general rule, do not use the serial/Oxford comma: so write 'a, b and c' not 'a, b, and c'." Cue the collective gasps of horror. The last time the nerd community was this cruelly betrayed, George Lucas was sitting at his desk, thinking, "I shall call him Jar Jar."

The serial comma is one of the sanest punctuation usages in the written language. It gives each element of a series its own distinct place in it, instead of lumping the last two together in one hasty breath. Think about it -- when you bake, you gather up your eggs, butter, sugar, and flour; you don't treat sugar and flour as a pair. That would be crazy. That is why, like evangelicals with "John 3:16" bumper stickers on their SUVs, punctuation worshipers cling to CM 6.19 – the Chicago Manual of Style's decree that "in a series consisting of three or more elements, the elements are separated by commas. When a conjunction joins the last two elements in a series, a comma is used before the conjunction." So valuable is that serial comma that it's on frickin' Page 2 of Strunk and White, right after the possessive apostrophe. And it is good

The University of Oxford has betrayed all right-thinking folk and has opened the gates to the barbarian horde.

You'll get my serial comma when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers, hands, and toes.

“Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed onto the world”

Deep Purple

Well...okay, since we've descended this far into complete Fan Board offseason anarchy, I'll add this little item:

Don't Kill the Oxford Comma!

Grammar lovers today were saddened, shocked, and mightily displeased at the news that the P.R. department of the University of Oxford has decided to drop the comma for which it is so justly famed. As GalleyCat reported, the university's new style guide advises writers, "As a general rule, do not use the serial/Oxford comma: so write 'a, b and c' not 'a, b, and c'." Cue the collective gasps of horror. The last time the nerd community was this cruelly betrayed, George Lucas was sitting at his desk, thinking, "I shall call him Jar Jar."

The serial comma is one of the sanest punctuation usages in the written language. It gives each element of a series its own distinct place in it, instead of lumping the last two together in one hasty breath. Think about it -- when you bake, you gather up your eggs, butter, sugar, and flour; you don't treat sugar and flour as a pair. That would be crazy. That is why, like evangelicals with "John 3:16" bumper stickers on their SUVs, punctuation worshipers cling to CM 6.19 – the Chicago Manual of Style's decree that "in a series consisting of three or more elements, the elements are separated by commas. When a conjunction joins the last two elements in a series, a comma is used before the conjunction." So valuable is that serial comma that it's on frickin' Page 2 of Strunk and White, right after the possessive apostrophe. And it is good

The University of Oxford has betrayed all right-thinking folk and has opened the gates to the barbarian horde.

You'll get my serial comma when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers, hands, and toes.

“Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed onto the world”

I spent the first 40% of my career as a technical and business writer. The Chicago Manual of Style was our bible. Now I do a lot of grant-writing, and I still follow Chicago. I long ago lost count of the many contexts in which the serial comma is the only difference between understanding and confusion. The classic example is the counterfeit book dedication cited by award-winning writer, essayist, and editor, Teresa Neilson Hayden:

To my parents, Ayn Rand and God.

Apparently God had another son who was not born by the Virgin Mary. :laugh: Hayden also cites a real-life example from a newspaper story about a Merle Haggard documentary:

Among those interviewed were his two ex-wives, Kris Kristofferson and Robert Duvall.

So ol' Merle was secretly married to Kristofferson and Duvall? :dry:

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
I submit: Eats, Shoots, and Leaves. No Oxford comma would have fixed that headline, for none was appropriate. One of the funniest books ever for this self-proclaimed grammar nazi.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Only 3 weeks away - and you never know who's gonna show up. Cat Scratch Fever, anyone?

http://www.frogfandango.com/Guess%20Who%20-%20TCU%20Frog%20Fandango.htm

ShadowFrog

Moderators
2 weeks to go - remember the time the entire girls Frog Soccer team showed up?

cc_tcu_display_image.jpg