• The KillerFrogs

Herbie finally giving the Frogs some love...

ifrog

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/113026594.html

"Five to 10 years from now when I look back at that game, I'm going to remember TCU's effort and the way they played," Herbstreit said. "Now we can nitpick and say boy, why didn't Wisconsin run more straight ahead at a smaller TCU defense or why didn't they do this or why didn't they do that? I don't think Wisconsin was flat. I don't think they showed up and thought this is TCU, this will be an easy game, no problem. I thought they showed up and put their best foot forward.

"Brent and I walked out of that booth really impressed by (TCU coach) Gary Patterson and their preparation," Herbstreit said. "Wisconsin was not able to execute the two-point conversion. But I would give TCU more credit, personally, than I would boy Wisconsin just did not play to win that game."

stell91

I'm surprised Herbie is giving us this much credit.. Doesn't sound like him. Nice to hear though, it sounds like we really impressed him.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
He no longer validates or invalidates us. 21-19 over Wisky in the Rose Bowl validates us.

What he says is of no importance or relevance.

LVfrog

21-19 is what will validate the Frogs. Whether Herbie gives us prop doesn't mean a thing. We've earned any recognition that we receive, period.

frogfanRyoga

Herbie will still have us 4th in final ap vote behind Ore, Auburn and Stanford.
Craig James of course will have us 5th behind those 3 and OSU

TCUSA

I've never quite understood the Herbstreit hate here. I've never heard him say much of anything that wasn't either complimentary to TCU or at least neutral. What did he say that ticked so many Frog fans off?

Always doubts and questions us on national TV. Or says Boise is better than us for no good reason. Votes us low in polls. Just and all-around clown.

BABYFACE

If Herbie is unsure about TCU being better than Stanford, then he should look at TCU's undefeated record and TCU beat a higher ranked team in their bowl. Herbie compliemnts TCU to a point, then he has a hard time elevating them any higher.

tetonfrog

Always doubts and questions us on national TV. Or says Boise is better than us for no good reason. Votes us low in polls. Just and all-around clown.

I bet Herbie and Mark May will be big TCU fans........in 2012 when we are in the Big East. You will see how quickly ESPN supports the Frogs once we move to the Big East. Bet on it.

freebird

He no longer validates or invalidates us. 21-19 over Wisky in the Rose Bowl validates us.

What he says is of no importance or relevance.

+1
biggrin.gif

pcf

That's pretty much it with Herbstreit. He'll say TCU is good, but he'll never say they are, or ever could be, good enough to be the best.

There will always be people who want to judge teams based more on potential NFL talent than on how they play as a team. Whenever TCU plays some of these big name schools, look at how they come bragging about a player or 5 who get NFL draft hype.

I know TCU has had some good NFL players and a lot of draft picks, but it is about playing as a team where TCU can win the argument.

Dogfrog

Makes you wonder if GP's pre game quote affected Herbie's comments:

"Well, I'd probably ask you guys this question. If we do win, and it's Sunday, how are you going to write it? Are you going to write it because Wisconsin didn't play well, because TCU won the ballgame? That would be my question to you.

Are you going to write it because Wisconsin didn't play well? Because that's what we've gotten for 13 years. When we've beaten somebody, they didn't play well or are you going to write that they played a great ballgame? I think that is the question you've got to ask yourself.

This was a well stated and well timed challenge GP gave the media. When I think of Herbie's treatment of TCU, I think of the BCS bowl announcement show when it was announced that TCU would play Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. Herbie's first comment was a kind of defiant "Well, TCU you asked for it, you got it", as if TCU was going to get rolled.