• The KillerFrogs

Green Bay Player Throws a Barb at SMU

ftwfrog

Oh my Gawd!! SMU doesn't have an indoor practice facility?? Neither do the cowboys! TCU is a special place, too bad the steelers had to taint our field.

Goo

I hate to find myself defending SMU, but their campus is sitting in the middle of some of the most expensive real estate in Texas. Where would they put an indoor practice facility? or a baseball stadium for that matter?

True, but highland park is sitting on MORE expensive real estate and managed to build indoor

Heck, SMU had enough real estate for George Bush museum and 10 outdoor tennis courts.

Spike

True, but highland park is sitting on MORE expensive real estate and managed to build indoor

Heck, SMU had enough real estate for George Bush museum and 10 outdoor tennis courts.

I once judged a powerlifting meet at HP. There was more parental involvement and fan support there than I've seen at anything SMU related in the last decade. The parking garage at a high school was a nice touch. I think HP cares more than SMU.

I really enjoyed that meet. I was not sure what to expect but it was a first class event.

As for the presidential library, who can blame them. Tennis OTOH, ghey, but so is SMU.

Frogenstein

Not really an SMU insult (redskins don't have an IPF, etc). More a compliment to HP.

The real story here is Jerry Jones wants the Super Bowl to come back --- FW and the AFC have been perfect, SMU's lack of an IPF have made it more difficult for the NFC. If Pretty simple really. They own the site so they set the rules. The footballs are being sold by the site owners which coincidentally are the same people that pay the site's bills. To allow others to post where other items are for sale amounts to free advertising.Jerry wants Super Bowl 50 as bad as he says he wants it, then the NFC and AFC are going to demand equal facilities.

Should be easy to remedy. Jerry Jones' wife is on the Board of Trustees at SMU. He can write a $5M check to SMU and have the facility he needs for the NFC in February 2016.
Or Jerry can just build a new indoor facility for the team he owns and let the NFC use it like was planned before the wind blew his old one down.

RaiderHater

Ha...got a good laugh out of this article

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5927099

"ASHBURN, Va. -- On Thursday morning, about the time the Washington Redskins were supposed to be filing out the back door of the team headquarters for the short walk to the practice field, they instead were headed out the front door and into the parking lot.

With no buses available on short notice, the players had to pile into their own vehicles and drive themselves to a suburban gymnasium a few miles away to hold practice.

All because of a little snow."

Reminds me of HS baseball practice when the whether was bad.

I view this whole situation as more pro-HP, but if the Redskins don't have one it cant be that embarrassing for SMU

stell91

Who is the Cowboys General Manager?

True, but Jerry Jones was a star college football player and at least knows the game. Dan Snyder never played a down of football and knows NOTHING about the game. He made his money and bought the Redskins and then decided to run the football aspect of the team. Jerry Jones has actually done a decent job of drafting and picking players, we just need a better coach.