• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Women's Tennis Sweeps Bearcats

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

GoFrogs: Frogs Sweep Bearcats

Cincinnati, Ohio – The TCU women's tennis team secured their second straight sweep and conference win over the Cincinnati Bearcats on Sunday afternoon at the Trabert-Talbert Tennis Center in Ohio.

TCU claimed the doubles point before posting a 6-0 mark in singles play for the third time this season.

LEE'S THOUGHTS
"Great weekend for our team, winning on the road is always very difficult," said head coach Lee Taylor Walker. "I thought the girls did a great job at overcoming the adversity of the weather changes, facility changes and dealing with the new environments. We had a great time! A lot of the stuff we worked on last week paid off, specifically the doubles energy and variety and learning how to keep the foot on the gas more when we have leads in singles. We learned to do that better emotionally and tactically and I think we did good at applying that this weekend. I'm excited for our Big 12 opener next weekend, I'm looking forward to some good matches and great weather!"

THE RUNDOWN
The Horned Frogs secured the doubles win with courts on one and two. Jade Otway and Isabel Pascual advance to 4-1 as a pair with a 6-4 win on court two to secure the first win of the day for TCU. The clinch point came from Chiho Mushika and Yu-Chin Tsai who battled back to win 7-5 on court one and earn their fifth win of the season as a pair.

Freshman, Raquel Caballero Chica took down her opponent quickly 6-1, 6-1 on court six to secure the second point of the day. Otway advanced to 6-0 in singles with a 6-2, 6-3 win on court one over Victoire de Samucewicz. Tsai won her __ singles match of the season in straight sets 6-1, 6-3.

Helena Narmont clinched the match for the Frogs on court five for the second straight time. The junior moved to 2-0 on court five with a 6-4, 6-1 finish. Pascual pushed the lead to 6-0 with her 6-2, 6-4 win on court two. Martins earned the final point of the match on court three with a win in the tiebreak 10-2.

RESULTS
Doubles:
1. Chiho Mushika / Sierra Yu-Chin Tsai (TCU) def. Rozalia Gruszczynska / Gabrielle Guenther (CIN), 7-5
2. Jade Otway / Isabel Pascual (TCU) def. Callie Flanagan / Victoire de Samucewicz (CIN), 6-4
3. Morgan Pyrz / Sakurako Watanabe (CIN) def. Caballero Chica / Destinee Martins (TCU), 6-4
ORDER OF FINISH: 3,2,1
Singles:
1. Jade Otway (TCU) def. Victoire de Samucewicz (CIN), 6-2, 6-3
2. Isabel Pascual (TCU) def. Rozalia Gruszczynska (CIN), 6-2, 6-4
3. Destinee Martins (TCU) def. Gabrielle Guenther (CIN), 6-3, 4-6, 12-0
4. Yu-Chin Tsai (TCU) def. Sakurako Watanabe (CIN), 6-1, 6-3
5. Helena Narmont (TCU) def. Callie Flanagan (CIN), 6-4, 6-1
6. Raquel Caballero Chica (TCU) def. Isabel Pacheco (CIN), 6-1, 6-1
ORDER OF FINISH: 6,1,4,5,2,3

UP NEXT
TCU will host their first conference match of the season on Friday, March 8 at 3:30 p.m. when they take on the Houston Cougars at Bayard H. Friedman Tennis Center.

FOLLOW THE FROGS
For more information on TCU Women's Tennis, visit gofrogs.com and follow the team on social media: @TCUWomensTennis on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.