• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Women Drop Road Contest in Manhattan

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

GoFrogs: Frogs Drop Road Contest in Manhattan
MANHATTAN, Kan. – TCU's comeback push against the No. 25-ranked Kansas State Wildcats came up short as the Horned Frogs fell 63-54 Saturday evening at Brmlage Coliseum.

TCU had three players score in double-figures with Lauren Heard and Michelle Berry leading the way with 11 points on the evening. Okako Adika followed with 10 points in the contest.

THE RUNDOWN
TCU found themselves down by 12 points, 49-37 late in the third quarter, but then proceeded to close out the third frame with a 6-2 run and open the fourth quarter with a 6-0 run to get within a bucket, down 51-49. Key turnovers down the stretch led to K-State points and the comeback came up short.

FROG FACTS
• For the fourth straight game, TCU used a starting line-up of Okako Adika, Yummy Morris, Michelle Berry, Aahliyah Jackson and Lauren Heard.
• TCU's 18 first quarter points were the most for the Horned Frogs in the first frame since scoring 19 against SMU (Jan. 2).
• TCU tied K-State on the boards, as both teams pulled down 31 rebounds each. The Horned Frogs managed to hold K-State to a little more than eight rebounds shy of its season average (39.3).
• Adika pulled down a team-best 11 boards, registering her first double-double as a Horned Frog. It marked the second double-double of her career.
Patricia Morris tied a season-high with two blocked shots.

UP NEXT
TCU returns home to host West Virginia this Wednesday, Feb. 2. The Horned Frogs and Mountaineers are set to tip-off at 6:30 p.m. inside Schollmaier Arena.

JogginFrog

I don't pay that much attention to women's hoops, but I always take note of the outcome of TCU-K-State because the matchup with our former coach always seems like a referendum on the current coach. And it hasn't seemed to go in the Frogs' favor very often.

Coach Pebley seems like a high-quality person and smart, and with the facility upgrade, I really expected the program to get over the hump under her leadership. This has been a tough year. Would love to hear if anyone sees reasons for optimism moving forward.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I don't pay that much attention to women's hoops, but I always take note of the outcome of TCU-K-State because the matchup with our former coach always seems like a referendum on the current coach. And it hasn't seemed to go in the Frogs' favor very often.

Coach Pebley seems like a high-quality person and smart, and with the facility upgrade, I really expected the program to get over the hump under her leadership. This has been a tough year. Would love to hear if anyone sees reasons for optimism moving forward.
We didn’t run Mittie off.