• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU Soccer Falls on the Road at Oklahoma

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

GoFrogs: TCU Soccer Falls on the Road at Oklahoma

NORMAN, Okla. –
No. 12 TCU fell at Oklahoma 2-1 Thursday night at John Crane Field. The Sooners scored two goals in the second half to hand the Horned Frogs their first loss in conference play. Michelle Slater scored the lone goal for TCU.

The Rundown
The Horned Frogs had two key scoring opportunities in the first half. TCU's first big moment came in the sixth minute when Gracie Brian attempted a header but her shot was saved.

TCU continued to threaten with another look in the 25th minute. Oli Pena passed to Messiah Bright just outside the six, but her shot went wide right.

The Frogs got on the board first in the 35th minute. Michelle Slater snatched the ball just outside the 18 and fired a left-footed laser into the lower left corner of the net to make it a 1-0 game headed into halftime.
At the half, TCU led 11-4 in shots.

The Sooners controlled the second half and scored in the 61st and 82nd minutes to take the lead. TCU tried to find the equalizer in the final minutes as Camryn Lancaster delivered a shot to the top shelf, but Oklahoma's goalkeeper punched it out of danger.

Lauren Kellett finished the contest with two saves.

Stat of the Game
2 –
Michelle Slater scored her second goal of the season.

Quote of the Game
Head Coach Eric Bell

Overall thoughts on the game
"First off, I want to congratulate Oklahoma. I think that we played well enough to win and we created a bunch of chances, but we weren't able to be clinical in front of the goal. On the flip side, we have to be better in our transition on defense. Oklahoma had one corner kick and they scored on that, so from a concentration standpoint, we have to be better. Hopefully this is a wake up call for our group and hopefully we respond in the game on Sunday against Baylor."

On Michelle Slater
"I think she's a person who has played a lot of big minutes. She has a lot of experience and I think it's coming out in her play this season. Hopefully the trend continues."

Notes
TCU nine-game unbeaten streak was snapped.
TCU outshot its opponent for the 13th time this season.
TCU has tallied double-digit shots in every game this season.
TCU recorded more corner kicks than its opponent for the 14th time this season.
TCU notched double-digit corners for the fifth time this season.
Michelle Slater scored her second goal of the season and the fifth of her career
Lauren Kellett finished the game with two saves.
Gracie Brian, Grace Coppinger, Olivia Hasler and Chaylyn Hubbard played the entire match.

Up Next
No. 12 TCU (9-3-4, 4-1-2) takes on Baylor (4-9-2, 2-5-0 Big 12) Sunday at 1 p.m. in Waco, Texas. The game will be televised on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.