• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU at Georgetown MBB Preview

y2kFrog

BS. That was not a flagrant 2. Somebody earlier said there is no room in basketball for pushing? There was pushing all night long only our guys didn’t flop.

You can convince me that was a Flagrant 1, but the result would have been no different game script wise. It was excessive contact.

LVH

Really hoping this close game against a bad Georgetown team was simply a result of Georgetown shooting out of their minds from 3 in the 2nd half

y2kFrog

Really hoping this close game against a bad Georgetown team was simply a result of Georgetown shooting out of their minds from 3 in the 2nd half

Hardly any of those guys were on Georgetown's team. Saying they are going to bad would be just like saying 21-22 TCU was a bad team at this point. In the transfer portal world, we have no idea how good they can be. So far they have been one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the nation.

LVH

Hardly any of those guys were on Georgetown's team. Saying they are going to bad would be just like saying 21-22 TCU was a bad team at this point. In the transfer portal world, we have no idea how good they can be. So far they have been one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the nation.
I mean they lost to Holy Cross and needed OT to beat American and Merrimack. I dont think they will be very good this year

y2kFrog

I mean they lost to Holy Cross and needed OT to beat American and Merrimack. I dont think they will be very good this year

Well, TCU lost to Northwestern State and beat Pine Bluff by 1 in November last year. We won a tournament game and took Gonzaga to the wire.

hometown frog

Honestly, Georgetown guy sinking the second free throw was pretty brainless. You brick that every time to get the potential rebound / bleed the last two seconds. Giving us an inbound at all was weird.
He was too busy giving Nelson the stink eye and talking ish to think about basketball math. Cost him too

82 Frog Fever

That was bad. After 2 min of the 2nd half, we forgot how to shoot.
Didn‘t deserve it. Maybe last year’s football luck has moved to Bball this year.

y2kFrog

That was bad. After 2 min of the 2nd half, we forgot how to shoot.
Didn‘t deserve it. Maybe last year’s football luck has moved to Bball this year.

One of our buy games should have been against a zone team. G'town switched to a zone and I don't think we've faced it yet at any point this season. It really gave us trouble. Long term I think we'll be fine against the zone, but we were very tentative against it today.

Last edited:

Big Frog II

Got to play well both halves. We kind of coasted in the second and allowed them to catch us. Hopefully we learned something about playing o the road.