• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU at ACU Baseball Preview

Paint It Purple

My theory: this team has talent. But, few that want the ball at crunch time. Doubles to lead off innings...weak ground balls with runners in scoring position. How many of the few HRs this last month have been 1 run HRs?

Paint It Purple

Weak ass effort from 1st Base. Looked bored in last AB, and dogged the pop up down the line. If it's the coaches fault, it's leaving kids that don't care in the game

hometown frog

We’ve got a grad transfer constantly in the line up night in and night out that’s currently 9 for his last 67ABs. (Since we headed up to Lawrence Kansas to start conf play.) That comes out to a whopping .134BA. That’s historically bad to be penciled in almost every night you are healthy. I simply have no words

PurpleBlood87

We’ve got a grad transfer constantly in the line up night in and night out that’s currently 9 for his last 67ABs. (Since we headed up to Lawrence Kansas to start conf play.) That comes out to a whopping .134BA. That’s historically bad to be penciled in almost every night you are healthy. I simply have no words
He's struggling but so are most of the Frogs. But remember he also got down a squeeze bunt that won the game on Saturday.

What really hurt was not having Brunson in CF. He might have gotten to the ball that dropped for a triple in the first inning.

I know guys need nights off but why not DH Bowen and play Miranda at first just to see what he can do. I know that risks doing something brash if Byrne gets hurt catching.

PurpleBlood87

Sloans “night” was done about an hour after this lineup came out! Does anyone see even one pitcher improving?
Tolle and Rodriguez sure have gotten better. Before the last outing Mason Bixby has improved. I'd like to see a couple more one inning outings from Klecker to see where he is. Hoover looked good today.

FrogBall09

Fire the coaches. Brilliant.

Same coaches that went to Omaha
Same coaches that started season 13 - 0
Same coaches that recruited a top 10 class
Same coaches that reached #3 in nation this year.
When do you hold players accountable?
Well first only 3 of the 6 “coaching” positions were here last year

And second - if you are a pitching coach and you have nothing to say to your pitcher when you team gives up 7 in the first - you 1) are a bad coach and 2) need to be fired

Why has Lawn been a coach for 38 years and never an HC except at a HS that he took after 24 years in college?

Loos had to be more involved in pitching last year because our former pitching coach wasn’t as experienced- although he was a frog. That was a good thing and Lawn taking controls has not been

If no one likes Bruce and they don’t listen - why is he still here? Seriously he had to be pushed out of the dugout evidently

And DiLaura - I get why players would tend to ignore him - I just don’t know why he is here to start

Players have a ton of responsibility for this disaster- but the coaches get paid to fix it, not just run it when it works well

helcap

Keep in mind that last year at this same point in time we were 8-10 in conference play, only one win better. And 24-20 overall. Now I don't expect another miracle turn around this time around, but I have seen posters comment that we haven't played baseball this bad in years. Yeah, one year, in the first two thirds of last season.

Latest posts