• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Notes on a Scorecard

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://www.gofrogs.com/genrel/092415aaa.html

Notes on a Scorecard
TCU director of intercollegiate athletics Chris Del Conte discusses the hot topics around the Horned Frogs

A.D. MEETINGS
I’m back on campus after spending the first part of the week in Grapevine, meeting with my Big 12 counterparts as well as colleagues from across the country. I have the best job in America, and it’s reinforced when I’m with my peers. It’s very rewarding to hear their high regard for TCU and what we’ve been able to accomplish with your support.

FEEDBACK

I always enjoy receiving comments from everyone on their experience at our home events. After Saturday night’s football game with SMU, questions on replays, out of town scores and in-game stats seemed to be the most popular. 

Two of our four Field Level LEDs are dedicated to out of town scores and stats. These are live on the LEDs about 95 percent of the game. They only come down when we need to do crowd prompts to get the stadium loud or for a touchdown or field goal.

The South End Zone video board also has a lower-third location carved out for stats. Because it is sponsored, it stays up the entire game.

For the first two home games, we averaged 75 replays a game based on the speed of the game. There are sponsors tied to replays, so the video crew makes a huge effort to get in as many as possible.

SHARE A TABLE
As you know, the Champions Club is quite the popular gathering place during home football games. We do have some limited seating within the Club. If you have some unused seats at your table, please invite other Horned Frogs to join you.

SRO TIX AVAILABLE
As you probably know, next Saturday’s 11 a.m. home football game versus Texas is sold out. A limited number of standing room only (SRO) tickets will be available Monday at 8 a.m. Please CLICK HERE to make your purchase.

GAME TIMES ANNOUNCED
In addition to next Saturday’s home football game with Texas being announced by the Big 12 as an 11 a.m. kickoff, our volleyball match that day versus Kansas State has been scheduled for 5 p.m. Fans who show their Texas football game ticket will be able to get a discounted $3 ticket for the volleyball match.

ON THE DOCKET
The Big 12 season is here for our soccer and volleyball programs! Soccer has won six of its last seven games and opens conference play with home dates Friday at 7 p.m. versus Iowa State and Sunday at 1 p.m. against Oklahoma State. Volleyball, with a 10-3 record, has its Big 12 home opener Saturday at 3 p.m. versus Kansas. Following the match, head coach Jill Kramer and her squad will host a Youth Clinic for kids 13 and younger. CLICK HERE to register in advance and receive a ticket to the match and clinic for only $6!

Equestrian and swimming and diving open their seasons this weekend. Equestrian is at SMU today, while swimming and diving travels to North Texas on Friday before hosting UT-Permian Basin on Saturday at 11 a.m. Cross country will compete at the Texas A&M Invite. We’ll also have student-athletes from our men’s and women’s tennis programs in various competition.

HORNED FROG FACTOR

Congratulations to men’s tennis player Cameron Norrie on winning the singles crown at the Oracle/ITA Masters, the first national collegiate championship of the 2015-16 season! We were also excited this week to see soccer’s Lauren Sajewich be recognized as the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week! A junior defender, Lauren was instrumental in our back-to-back shutout victories over SMU and UTSA. Trevone Boykin also garnered accolades as the Big 12 Co-Offensive Player of the Week after totaling 504 yards of offense and six touchdowns in the win over SMU.

FACILITY UPDATE

Work continues at a great pace on the Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena. The wood floor is in, sanded and will soon be sealed. Tile work is going in, and 75 percent of the terrazzo flooring has been installed. Over at baseball, the foundation pours Friday on our new locker room, classroom, team lounge, sports medicine center, equipment room and coaches' offices.

NAME THE MOVIE QUOTE

Last Week’s Answer: Robert De Niro, in Meet The Parents, said to Ben Stiller, "A dog is very easy to break, but cats make you work for their affection. They don't sell out the way dogs do.”

This Week: "Dong. Where is my automobile?”

COMPLIANCE CORNER

Wheel Route is a football prospect who will be visiting Ocean State University's (OSU) campus this weekend for an unofficial visit. Wheel is interested in pursuing a major in criminal justice and would like to speak to an academic advisor in that department while visiting campus. Is it permissible for OSU to arrange such a meeting for Wheel?

Yes. NCAA Bylaw 13.7.2.1.7 states that an athletics department staff member may arrange academic interviews for a prospective student-athlete on an unofficial visit.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Please let us know if you ever have any questions or concerns regarding our program. This is also your program and we value your feedback. We welcome all calls and emails.

Go Frogs!

Christopher M. Del Conte

Director of Intercollegiate Athletics